1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminator 2 Extreme edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mike Bell, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the ultimate edition and won't be upgrading, i don't think its worth me buying this new edition as it loses the DTS soundtrack and offers very little new stuff worth having, and don't forget the ultimate edition offers 3 different versions of the same film via seamless branching which u lose on the so called extreme edition.

if u have a projection system and view ur films using a computer then the Hi Definition version included on disc 2 makes it a worthwhile upgrade, otherwise avoid and don't fall for the hype that u need to own it just cos its called extreme edition, if it was an extreme edition it would contain everything on the ultimate edition and more besides perhaps as a 3disc or 4 disc edition, since it doesnt it can hardly claim to be extreme.

terminator 3 ? can't say its gettin me all excited and i think its gonna be a flop at the box office isnt arnie just lookin a little bit past it these days for extreme action films and cameron thought the script was terrible.

3. IanM

IanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I agree that it's not worth upgrading if you don't have a powerful PC and a high definition display.

However, if you do then it's a very important release. It will be the first major film that a lot of people in this country can watch in High Definition, without going to a lot of trouble (for example importing a DVHS D-Theatre player as well as the films).

There are several threads both here and on the US forum about just how important this particular DVD could be and how it could even have an effect on the future HD DVD standard (after all this is effectively an HD DVD - it just needs a PC to play it).

Although I've already got the film on DVD, I'm looking forward to this version much more than any other DVD this year, just to see what the picture quality of a high definition source sent via DVI to my screen really looks like.

I just hope my newly built PC has the grunt to handle it.

Cheers,
    Ian.

4. steve_online

steve_online

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has this Extreme edition got a James Cameron Commentry? I remeber reading some where that it had a James Cameron and the editor commentry track.