Terminator 2 extreme edition- dissapointing

lordnoize

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was expected to be amazed by the PQ but IMO it's no different to my Dad's standard dvd! I have an xbox 360 connected by component to a samsung 26" telly.

anyone else feel like this?

pq with a sd dvd playing in a xbox 360 via component is not that great anyway, playing a hd-dvd with the hd-dvd player add on is wow!

But if you use the vga connection it will upscale your dvd to 1080 or 720 so that will give you better pq with sd dvd's.

Disc 2 is the 1080p24 high-resolution Windows Media Version

Exactly, the ONLY reason to buy this version of the film, is for the Hi-Def WMV version of the film on the 2nd disc.

I was disappointed - I never got the surround sound working with the high def picture... For me I prefer SD with 5.1 sound than HD with stereo.

Great movie though....

don't you need analogue outs to get the 5.1 sound? I've got this disc but never managed to play it yet? Besides I only have a 480p display!

I am watching the wmvhd version through my xbox360 connected by component
(getting around the DRM was a nightmare but I managed)

why would analogue outputs make a difference? Anyhow, mine is being played through my HTPC and unfortunately I only has a digital connection via SPDIF going to my amp.

why would analogue outputs make a difference? Anyhow, mine is being played through my HTPC and unfortunately I only has a digital connection via SPDIF going to my amp.

I read somewhere that in order to get 5.1 from a WMVHD it was only available through a soundcard with an output for each speaker - and not through a signal digital connection.

...i maybe wrong, but I'm sure I saw something along those lines.

Terminator 2 is being released in March 2007 on HD DVD (by Studio Canal). It will be authored in VC1 and will possibly have a DTS-HD Master Audio track. Accordingly it should be superb - much better than a reduced (high) res picture on an aging WMV-HD disc anyway!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom