• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

termination question

Bangalore

i have a set of nxt speakers with spring terminals. can any 1 recommend a way to terminate cable into them as i dont fancy bare wire? some people in the store suggested spade connectors, if i could use these can some one recommend some good ones.

thanks

clockworks

Spring terminals work best with bare wire - the contact area is bigger, because the wires get squashed by the spring blade. If you want to stop the strands of wire separating, tin the very end of the wire with solder, but leave the rest as bare wire.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
or even better use automotive type cable spade crimps (available cheaply in several sizes) of the correct size to fit right into the springclip socket - you'll need the right crimp tool or to get the guy in the shop to do the crimping for you (only a few quid either way) - you can also heatshrink around the ends of these (or buy uninsulated ones and heatshrink right over them) to protect from corrosion - the reason that bare wires can be a problem in the first place

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom