Terminating QED XT Cable

eastman3000

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so when I did my hous eup I bought a drum of QED XT Cable!!!

Shortly :)clap:) I will be getting the speakers. Just wondering what the best way of terminating this cable is? theres loads of Bananna plug connector companies but which would u recommend?

I think the QED airlock is only availble instore/dealers?

PS - the cable is in the wall under the floor boards so terminating has to be done at home!

cheers

Anyone?

Apparently the QED airlock termination requires a special tool, so you may be able to loan one from a dealer.

See here...
http://www.hificablesdirect.com/
And look up
QED 4mm Airloc Termination Fee, Single Fitted 4mm AirLoc Plug.

I have some XT cable which I will put into good use when the final positioning of my setup is decided. When I got this - several months ago (I know, it is a long time to finish setting up, but I have a loft conversion which the rest of the family regard as higher priority) - there were a number of people recommending Eichmann plugs (try searching this forum for Eichmann for more details), so I got these.

As I haven't yet tried the XT/Eichmann combination, I can't give you any first hand experience, but it is an alternative to airlocks (which didn't receive universal praise when I asked the question).

cheers,

Keith

Thanks for the headsup!

I have aheard of these and again like yourself have been recommended these in the past! just couldnt remember the name - hence the repost!

Time for research into dealers!

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom