Terminating 20mm Flexi conduit with housing Cat6 cable

DanH23

Novice Member
I'm running a length of outdoor grade cat6 cable through 20mm Flexi conduit in my garden. The cable will need to be run outside of the conduit for around a foot before entering my garage.

What product would people use to give a weatherproof seal on the conduit but still allow the cat6 cable to run on the the garage?

neilball

IP68 external conduit box with appropriate gland to mate the flexi conduit to the box, then rear entry knockout and tube into the house through the external wall.

DanH23

Novice Member
It's the final run of cable that I need to be outside of the conduit of as it needs to go behind a drainpipe before entering the garage through the wall.

Can you get outdoor conduit boxes with 7mm knockouts? That would work

oneman

If you aren't making the connection in the box and just passing it through the wall then you are fine drilling through, put a grommet in to stop the cable chaffing and sealing it with a bit of sealant. If you are really worried then stick a cable entry cover over it.

neilball

Just use another 20mm knockout with a gland for the bare cable exist too, but make sure to pick a gland that matches the cable diameter to it seals as it’s tightened to keep moisture out of the box. As there are no cable joins inside the conduit box then you only need to make sure you don’t get water entering the box and getting into your flexible conduit and track back to the house.

oneman

Just use another 20mm knockout with a gland for the bare cable exist too, but make sure to pick a gland that matches the cable diameter to it seals as it’s tightened to keep moisture out of the box. As there are no cable joins inside the conduit box then you only need to make sure you don’t get water entering the box and getting into your flexible conduit and track back to the house.
Best tell BT, VM, Sky, etc. None of the them use a box for where they enter the property.

neilball

But they don’t run cable inside flexible conduit either - a conduit box gives you a neat and secure way of terminating the conduit.

oneman

But they don’t run cable inside flexible conduit either - a conduit box gives you a neat and secure way of terminating the conduit.
They have for my installs where it's in contact with ground. Conduit ends before it gets to the wall.

OP is saying that last meter is tucked behind a drainpipe and not in conduit.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom