1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

terminal boards for a pan 37 pw7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by hyena, Jan 17, 2005.

1. hyena

hyena

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pan37"" PW7 and need to buy a terminal board but... do i go for RGB, Component video etc..
    I intend to connect plasma to the Denon SD500 (unless someone can tell me a better idea) and a sky plus box (pace). Was going to go for an RGB to component vid converter from sky plus and component vid connections from DVD
    Can anyone recommend a cabling plan or is the above OK?

2. nwunda

nwunda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought the same TV too, but I am having trouble. I didn't buy the SCART terminal board cos I wantedto save the 100 quid. I bought a Component -> Vga cable, and I am trying to connect my DVD player to the plasma screen that way. The DVD player is outputting in Progressive scan, but the image is green. It has a green hue effect to it.

I rang the place where I bought the cable from, and they said that it could be because of the Plasma screen not being able to use the Sync signal (it's usually sent in the green wire) as it may need it in a seperate wire.

May just buy the scart board afterall, but I really want the component cable as the picture will be improved significantly.

Has anyone had the same problem?
    It's bloody annoying me.
    I rang pansonic and they will be contacting me soon.

3. Sparkster101

Sparkster101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Snap, I've just ordered the TH-37PW7B with the dual board (Component SVHS Composite Dual Slot BNC) from AV-Sales and have a Denon DHT500SD. I also have a Pace NTL box.

My intention is to have the Denon attached via component to the plasma. Then to have an RGB to SVideo to connect the NTL box to the plasma, with phono cables from the NTL box to the Denon to provide the sound.

Although I'm interested to see what other people suggest.

4. rugbyboy14

rugbyboy14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: I have got the same panel, and as it only has 2 ports, i opted for 2 scart sockets (instead of using both on the component board). Picture is perfect, PS2 looks amazing and i dont have any problems viewing sky or DVD's, from my dvd player and sky box i'm using ixos s-video to scart leads into my blue delta automatic scart switch i have connected to the panel via 2x 5m rgb ixos scarts. Hope this helps
    Steve

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PW7 does not accept component VIA VGA terminal (ONLT PW6 range does) You need an extra VGA board (which will work but fill a slot) or a component board.....

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    are you going to use an RGB>S-vi9deo converter? a lead wont do it for a cable STB neeed to use a converter like the JS unit......

7. Sparkster101

Sparkster101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok I feel I'm rapidly showing my lack of knowledge here, I was intending to use Scart to SVideo (not RGB) & DVD to plasma via component.

However any advice on the best way to connect these two to my plasma (once delivered) to provide the best picture quality. The SVideo route I'll know I'll get a reduced quality NTL signal, but are there any alternatives?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I suspect my options are:

1) Suffer the quality of Scart to SVideo
    2) Purchase a Scart(RGB) to S-Video Box
    3) Purchase a Scart(RGB) to VGA box

Again any advice on quality would be apprecaited.

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    use scart RGB>VGA box........and an MSC box (NOTE RGB only)
    the S-video on DVD is an output not input.... or get a componet board for DVD ad use either scart or RGB>VGA for STB...there are loads of other options but these are the best

9. Sparkster101

Sparkster101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the advice, I'll use the component on the Denon to the plasma and I've just ordered the JS RGB > VGA for the NTL box to plasma. Plasma arrives on monday, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!