1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terminal board options for TH42PW5B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pgordon, Jul 29, 2005.

1. pgordon

pgordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

I have a Panny TH42PW5B that's now about 3-ish years old, and I'm hoping to get at least another 2 years service out of it so that it satisfies my personal rule that every TV I own must give me 5 years service, and then I'll upgrade...

Trouble is, when I purchased it, I only purchased a single SCART board, and use an external SCART switchbox to auto-select sources. I also have a MCE2005 PC connected to the analog VGA input.

I'm now looking to add a little more connectivity, specifically a DVI input, since I would like to upgrade the connection from the MCE PC, since I find myself using this more and more... Ideally I'd like to drop a sweetspot card in there at some point as well...

Trouble is, it seems as though the panny terminal boards that are now available don't seem to be backwards compatible with the 5-series panels (or are ambiguous about the compatibility), so my question is, do I have any upgrade options available to me to add either DVI (preferably with HDCP, although I guess I could live without that for the lifetime of this screen), or HDCP inputs to this model?

Thanks for any info....

Paul G.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are very rare tho non HDCP DVi boards for the 5 series 4 and 5 series share terminal boards 6 and 7 share too but the are not compatible between 4/5 & 6/7 JoeF may still have one lurking but its gonna be a long hard trawl to find one

3. pgordon

pgordon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, thanks.

Hmm.. seems I may have to live with it on vanilla VGA until I upgrade the panel then... - right, that gives me 2 years to get to work on "SWMBO"... (should just about be enough...)

Paul G.