1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tensioned Frame

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kelaD, Feb 17, 2005.

1. kelaD

kelaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I recently bought a Themescene (Optoma) H57 which is incredible. :thumbsup: The image seems to push DVD to its limit. Looking at plasma screens there seems to be no competition in my opinion. I'm using medium quality components, which I'm happy with.

Can anyone suggest a list of tensioned frame screens? (I'm after 1.8 m wide, anti-reflection border, roughly 1.2 gain and the least expensive. I know this may mean costs in shipping from the States.)

It's interesting that availability of projectors is becoming very good, yet screens are not so easy. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help :)

2. Neelix

Neelix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like the exact same screen but with a leccy motor :)

3. RickyB

RickyB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Euroscreen in Sweden can produce their Frame Original with Vel-Tex velvety borders, pretty inexpensive... Only gain 1.1 though... www.euroscreen.nu

4. kelaD

kelaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello again. (and thanks Ricky)

If anyone has the opportunity could they make an exhaustive list of fixed frame screen manufacturers (or even their web addresses). I reckon this would be extremely useful to any potential buyer, especially considering a Google search misses all sorts of companies (e.g. the Swedish one).

TTFN

5. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I bought and shipped from the states the following screen. :cool:

Brand: Da-Lite

Model: Perm-Wall HDTV Format Home Theater Screen - Designed for permanent mounting to the wall or in a wall opening. Front or rear projection surfaces snap easily on to the front of the silver aluminum frame. Flat back and sides for easy installation. Provides a perfectly flat viewing surface for graphic and data video projection.

Size : 45" x 80" (92" Diagonal) HDTV Format

Material: Cinema Vision - A unique unsupported vinyl surface that offers a bright, uniform image with no color shift no matter at what angle you view the image. Screen surface can be cleaned with mild soap and water. Flame retardant and mildew resistant.
    Viewing Angle: 45°
    Gain: 1.3

I paid about £390 including 7 day shipping and duties. I was quoted near on £800 by a UK dealer for the exact same screen and was told it would take about a month for delivery.

Pm me if you want more details, I'm not sure your allowed to post direct links here.

surrey lad ;)

6. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Captain, you have PM ;)

7. kelaD

kelaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you could post the link here that would be great - I don't think there would be any problems with that. This seems like a great deal - very interested.

8. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Didn't thick it was allowed

Here goes then :eek: :confused:

http://stores.ebay.com/Dream-Theatres-LLC_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm

If you don't see what you need e-mail them with your requirement and they could put it up as a 'buy it now' for you or buy direct from their website.

I highly recommend them.

The cost of the screen was $529 + $70 shipping divided 1.89 = £316 + about £70 on vat & duties.

surrey lad :cool: