Tennis elbow

campy mccamper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone suffered from this? I have been lifting weights for years and whilst I have heard others in the gym complain of this condition, I seem to have avoided it up until now.
I have woken up the last 2 nights with both elbows sore and a pins and needles feeling in my outer 2 fingers. I am hoping it sorts itself out over the weekend. If not I guess it is a trip to the doctors next week.

I'm actually starting to think it may not be related to the gym at all as I have been painting all week. So I'm wondering of that has caused this condition.

I'll have to tell the other half I need to lay off the diy, doctor's orders.

some years ago I had tennis elbow in one arm, and golfers elbow in the other - this was when I was doing indoor bouldering - and started doing a lot of traversing backwards and forwards...

it did sort itself out over time -think it was because I wasn't used to using those muscles, but I also did some specific exercises to combat them..I did do a search for them (web link) - but was unable to find the exact routine as someone else was asking about it..! but if you do a search them you may find some exercises... :)

Yeah, I suffer with golfer's elbow.....been lifting for years too.
Have a read of this.
Very painful doing arm-curls at first, but the pain goes after the first set.

Comes back stronger hours later.
Wake up with the last two fingers numb or tingly too.

Think mine is caused by the ulna nerve trapping or adhesions.
Not keen on surgery due to the recovery length but feel will have to go for it at some point.

Yeah, I suffer with golfer's elbow.....been lifting for years too.
Have a read of this.
Very painful doing arm-curls at first, but the pain goes after the first set.

Comes back stronger hours later.
Wake up with the last two fingers numb or tingly too.

Think mine is caused by the ulna nerve trapping or adhesions.
Not keen on surgery due to the recovery length but feel will have to go for it at some point.

That's very interesting. I've had an issue for a few weeks now in my right elbow and I know its not tennis elbow as I've had it before. Curls are very painful for me, although chinups are fine. I also have big issues getting heavier DB's into position due to the pain, but am fine once they are there for presses etc. Curls just hurt too much unless its very light weight
I've been working around the problem and using ice/ibuprofen in the hope it will go away but it doesn't seem to be improving so was planning to see a physio soon.

The thing is I do sleep with my fingers tucked under my wrist AND my arm and elbow tucked under my body and often wake up with my last 2 fingers asleep so wonder if this is the same issue ? I'm also in IT so work with my elbow bent often

Time to book any appointment I think

Interesting article. I spoke to the doctor over the phone and was told to rake some none prescription anti inflammatorys and to come back if the situation has not improved.

I have been doing a lot of office work lately. Elbows rested on table and arms bent doing a lot of typing. I wonder if this is causing the issue.

It was delta and traps day last night and I'm paying for it now. I woke up around 3 with a pain in my elbow and up my forearm with the usual numb 2 end fingers. I think I'm going to give the weights a rest now until this clears up.

Sounds like a real pain in the pisser that. I get a really sore right shoulder (right in the joint with the arm) and sometimes get an agonising pain in my left forearm (just at the bone on the inner arm) when doing bicep curls. I hurt it so bad a couple of years ago I could hardly lift a mug of tea and it's left a lovely chunk.of what feels.like gristle attached to the bone.

I actually got a bit freaked out by the numb finger thing when it first started happening! Don't bat an eyelid now mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom