Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barnaby jones

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
WB have announced a new Nolan film for next summer. No other details are known at this point.

Too long of a wait, Dunkirk was a very good film but also personally Nolan's weakest film after Insomnia.

His set the bar so damn high after the likes of Prestige, TDK, Inception and Interstellar, Dunkirk just felt completely flat. 2 films in six years is also poor showing between Interstellar and July 2020.

Too long of a wait, Dunkirk was a very good film but also personally Nolan's weakest film after Insomnia.

His set the bar so damn high after the likes of Prestige, TDK, Inception and Interstellar, Dunkirk just felt completely flat. 2 films in six years is also poor showing between Interstellar and July 2020.
Although I do agree, his films are worth waiting for.

I'll happily see whatevers Nolan's got in store. Whilst I'll accept reviews were pretty mixed for Dunkirk, I had a second viewing recently and find it one of his best.

Interstellar is probably his greatest film, give it another go.

Never seen such a cerebal and groundbreaking sci-fi film since The Matrix. Love how Nolan has intertwined a father/daughter relationship in a space adventure such as Interstellar.

Also it has one of the best film soundtracks ever, mesmerising.

Don’t get me started on The Dark Knight rises, absolutely love that too.

He's yet to make a film I'd score less than a 7.5/10 which is remarkable.

I do hope he and Jonathan (if he's writing it) reel it in a bit with their ideas and don't get ahead of themselves if it's an original screenplay. While Interstellar and Inception are bloody brilliant they indulge themselves just a little too much for my liking to be absolutely perfect.

I would love to see Nolan tackle the horror genre next :love:

I watched Inception again the other day. A modern day masterpiece imo.

I’m on board with whatever he dishes out.

18 months is a long time but hey ho. Quality not quantity (heres looking at you Star Wars) every time.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Adjustment Bureau :confused:

I'm kinda glad. I want to see Nolan utilise some thriller/horror elements into his films.

Rear Window meets Memento. Dude keeps forgetting he peeps on his neighbour while looking for the dude that peeps on his neighbour :confused:

Psycho meets Prestige :cool:

I watched Inception again the other day. A modern day masterpiece imo.

I’m on board with whatever he dishes out.

18 months is a long time but hey ho. Quality not quantity (heres looking at you Star Wars) every time.

I’ve watched Inception twice. Fell asleep twice :laugh:

Which is strange as i was enjoying it both times.

But i have history for falling asleep during films :)

My 40s have led to a cap on screening times now. Any cinema screening past around 9.45/10pm is a no no;). Allowing for over 30 mins of trailers, longer running times, following a hard day's graft, and having a young child, I'm almost guaranteed to nod at some point. Like Gizmo, I don't cope well after midnight...

I’ve watched Inception twice. Fell asleep twice :laugh:

Which is strange as i was enjoying it both times.

The amount of films I’ve only half seen due to falling asleep! Gotta be around 20 currently.

I’m hoping for Notorious meets Interstellar.

The amount of films I’ve only half seen due to falling asleep! Gotta be around 20 currently.

For me, at the cinema; Bourne 4, Lego Movie 2, Sliding Doors, The Exercist.

Sure there has been more!

The good news - John David Washington to star :smashin:
The bad news its gonna be just another massive, action blockbuster.
LOL

There's Blockbusters and there's a James Cameron/Christopher Nolan type of Blockbusters, on the total opposite side of the spectrum for me. These films are major events!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom