RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - WB Shop UK - Zavvi

First Edition (HMV Exclusive): Tenet (hmv Exclusive) - First Edition | 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store

Release date: 14/12/2020

Tenet_4K.jpg

First Edition (HMV Exclusive):
Tenet_4K_First_Edition (hmv_exclusive).jpg

Limited to 3000 copies
Includes HMV exclusive 64 Page Book

Steelbook options:

Tenet (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Tenet (Amazon UK Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Great now I can watch it another 5 times and try to workout what the hell was going on..I hope they sort the dialogue issue out as ot was lost in the mix in the cinema

At least we’ll now have subtitles to understand some of the dialog.

worst bit for me were the scenes on the yacht race - both wearing helmets to muffle their voices and then the sound of the waves on top. Clueless as to what that discussion was!

Roll on 14th Dec! I think this is my only 4K purchase the is year!

in the meantime there’s always a Tenet colouring book to keep us going.

Amazon product ASIN B08LJTKXPQ

Last edited:
Great now I can watch it another 5 times and try to workout what the hell was going on..I hope they sort the dialogue issue out as ot was lost in the mix in the cinema

worst bit for me were the scenes on the yacht race - both wearing helmets to muffle their voices and then the sound of the waves on top. Clueless as to what that discussion was!

Interesting piece in this months home cinema choice talking about soundtracks in films at the cinema and Tenet in particular.

They’re basically saying that cinemas follow an X-Curve room EQ, which the films are mastered to, but if the cinema gets their room EQ wrong, it can make the something with huge dynamic range sound terrible, but it’s not the film recording that is the issue.

Would explain why some people said they had no problems understanding it, whereas a lot of people did complain.

Interesting piece in this months home cinema choice talking about soundtracks in films at the cinema and Tenet in particular.

They’re basically saying that cinemas follow an X-Curve room EQ, which the films are mastered to, but if the cinema gets their room EQ wrong, it can make the something with huge dynamic range sound terrible, but it’s not the film recording that is the issue.

Would explain why some people said they had no problems understanding it, whereas a lot of people did complain.

Assuming this is true then majority theaters have wrong EQ. Before I saw Tenet I wondered if the audio issues would be overblown. I happened to see Tenet on one of the better screens in my area for sound and yes audio was an issue though it wasn't as bad for me as some other reported. At the end of the day the end result is a lot of people had issues with the audio so if they mixed it in a certain way where the audio couldn't be properly replicated in most theaters then thats big oversight.

I saw the film towards the end of its theatrical run in an IMAX theatre and had read the criticism of the background music being overly loud and the dialogue being inaudible in places. Maybe my expectations were set wrong, but I found both the music and dialogue to be OK, there were a few lines of dialogue towards the end of the film that were muffled I couldn't make out, but otherwise it wasn't as bad as I had expected and I could follow the talking without issues except a couple of times, so hopefully it was an issue with the EQ balancing that was altered during its theatrical run and will be fixed for the home release.

I think its a shame it wont be in Atmos with Dolby Vision as per all the other Chris Nolan films, but I will buy it, probably the steelbook version that is rumoured to be released next year, as I really enjoyed the movie and its originality and inventiveness and would like to see it again.

I saw the film towards the end of its theatrical run in an IMAX theatre and had read the criticism of the background music being overly loud and the dialogue being inaudible in places. Maybe my expectations were set wrong, but I found both the music and dialogue to be OK, there were a few lines of dialogue towards the end of the film that were muffled I couldn't make out, but otherwise it wasn't as bad as I had expected and I could follow the talking without issues except a couple of times, so hopefully it was an issue with the EQ balancing that was altered during its theatrical run and will be fixed for the home release.

I think its a shame it wont be in Atmos with Dolby Vision as per all the other Chris Nolan films, but I will buy it, probably the steelbook version that is rumoured to be released next year, as I really enjoyed the movie and its originality and inventiveness and would like to see it again.
The other Nolan home cinema releases don't have atmos do they unless I missed something? Nolan doesn't like atmos and thinks 5.1 is enough

The other Nolan home cinema releases don't have atmos do they unless I missed something? Nolan doesn't like atmos and thinks 5.1 is enough

I think he meant that it’s a shame this doesn’t have Atmos like his other ones don’t.

His statement could be taken either way I guess.

I’m looking forward to getting it, not seen it yet.

They have been filming batman in liverpool were I work...I was hoping to grab Pattinson and ask him what the hell was going on in tenet...I understood every other Nolan film but this one was confusing as hell

Im just gonna blind buy it. Love all his other films, some more than others.

Good choice. At the very least you are buying something that is filmed with highest quality format out there that 1% of movies if that use. Good visuals for UHD.

This bombed at theaters so I really hope they can recoup some of this in the home space. Whatever someone thinks about the movie.... we need to support original stories with high budgets because the studios will keep only doing safe things like super hero movies or remakes. Whatever you think about Nolan at least he's doing original things while trying to achieve the higher image quality possible with practical effects and thats rare.

I think he meant that it’s a shame this doesn’t have Atmos like his other ones don’t.

His statement could be taken either way I guess.

I’m looking forward to getting it, not seen it yet.

You're right, I did mean its a shame it wont have Atmos like his other films, but should still hopefully look and sound great.

You're right, I did mean its a shame it wont have Atmos like his other films, but should still hopefully look and sound great.

I’m sure it will be demo worthy for both audio and visual.

Good choice. At the very least you are buying something that is filmed with highest quality format out there that 1% of movies if that use. Good visuals for UHD.

This bombed at theaters so I really hope they can recoup some of this in the home space. Whatever someone thinks about the movie.... we need to support original stories with high budgets because the studios will keep only doing safe things like super hero movies or remakes. Whatever you think about Nolan at least he's doing original things while trying to achieve the higher image quality possible with practical effects and thats rare.
Dont start me off on safe superhero movies... ;)

1604830123882.png

OP updated links including Standard Edition, HMV exclusive First Edition and Steelbook options.
Now live to pre-order.
Release date confirmed for 14th December 2020

Last edited:
It doesn’t deserve a 10 for audio, bag loads of clipping going on.

Video is also questionable with raised black levels for the night scenes.

Never noticed either and here's two more reviews that state Dunkirk is reference level disc

I notice the hmv first edition regular days release 10th December

Anyone having trouble adding this to their basket on the WB site? Won't add to my basket for me.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom