1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tenebrae uncut

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Fatti, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Just had a look on Play.com with the intention of buying the Anchor Bay R2 uncut version of Tenebrae. Play list two versions, the non-Anchor Bay version with a running time of 1:45 mins, and then the uncut version with a running time of 1:41 mins.

I'm a bit confused as to why the uncut version is shorter than the other version which I assume had some cuts made (5 seconds worth according to the BBFC site). I know Play do put the durations as being approximate, but 4 mins could contain quite a lot of cuts...if you pardon the pun.

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The AB UK disc is NOT Uncut - they have used the same print as the AB USA dvd which is missing about 20 seconds because (according to AB USA) as Print damage. Strange that the French dvd has the missing footage
    The Print on the AB UK is alot softer/poorer than the AB USA disc even though its anamorphic - the disc is very disapointing so dont buy it till it goes down to £7 or less like most AB UK dvds.
    Reviews...

AB UK Disc
    AB USA Disc
    R2 Nouveaux UK disc
    R2 French disc - Fully UNCUT

3. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Captaineyecatch, thanks for the info. After reading the reviews it definitely sounds like it worth waiting for it to hit the bargain bins.

4. koku

koku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0