Tenda MW12 - Advanced Settings

.Griff.

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone on here have any experience with Tenda mesh systems at all?

After some research, I've purchased a Tenda MW12 (3 pack) mesh system for the home which seemed to be a good 'bang for buck' option.

As part of that research, I had a quick play with the product simulator on this page - Tenda Wi-Fi - which, while not feature-packed, did contain the features I'd expect for a basic home network.

However once I'd received the product all of the setup, and settings, are facilitated via a basic app. I cannot find any WebUI or anything that resembles the simulator above, and as a result, a lot of the features shown in the simulator are awol.

I merely wondered if anyone on here had experience with Tenda products and if there's a "secret" menu/option/GUI that I'm missing?

I can't access it at all.

There doesn't appear to be any WebUI/GUI at all (as the simulator would have you believe).

I can merely configure the system via a basic Android/Apple app.

You cannot access it via web console only via the app.

You cannot access it via web console only via the app.

That's what I've come to learn. Which begs the question, why provide a product-specific 'WebUI simulator' that doesn't exist in reality?

My guess would be legacy. Quite a few manufacturers are starting to go to an app based configurartionsetup, even my BT router (smarthub2) has advanced features that can only be done by the app. (facepalm)

My guess would be its a cost based decision.

My guess would be legacy. Quite a few manufacturers are starting to go to an app based configurartionsetup, even my BT router (smarthub2) has advanced features that can only be done by the app. (facepalm)

My guess would be its a cost based decision.

All good shouts. It was more a general wondering as a direct question to you, however.

It's a shame. All I want to do is enable a feature in the firewall, which trivial for most, is important to me and I can't :(

Hmm the Tenda stuff is OK but not really what I'd consider for anything past basic configurations, they have some significant configuration limitations, and up till I last used them their only website and techsupp was still only hosted in China which was in itself problematic.

Its more of a plug and play domestic solution for people without technical knowledge (or aspirations) and just want to get something out of the box that works fairly easily and they can happily set up from from their phones... a familiar comfort zone.

If you've only just purchased it, I can only suggest returning it for a refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom