Temptation got the better of me!

T0MAT01

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've gone and done it.... I've just taken delivery of a spanking new 40D! :thumbsup::D

Temptation got the better of me, knowing that with the cashback and money I got from my 350D, the upgrade only cost me a little over £200 which was just too good to miss out on!

It's got more features than I know what to do with, but I'm sure I'll grow into it. And that screen!!! :eek::D

And so the waiting game begins.... why can't they ship new cameras with a full battery?!! :suicide:

The 40D, A700 and D300 are the top semi-pro cameras at the moment. There is not a huge difference in performance between them, but the price of the 40D is a steal for anyone looking to upgrade their Canon DSLR. :thumbsup:

I've gone and done it.... I've just taken delivery of a spanking new 40D! :thumbsup::D

Temptation got the better of me, knowing that with the cashback and money I got from my 350D, the upgrade only cost me a little over £200 which was just too good to miss out on!

It's got more features than I know what to do with, but I'm sure I'll grow into it. And that screen!!! :eek::D

And so the waiting game begins.... why can't they ship new cameras with a full battery?!! :suicide:

im about to buy one, where did you get yours from?

Nice one, can't say I am not jealous, looking at about christmas for an upgrade here:rolleyes:

Well, I've just had a few hours with it and I'm hugely impressed. It is just what I was hoping it would be. Although I have realised one thing..... I'm gonna have to read the manual to figure out how to put it into live view mode!

im about to buy one, where did you get yours from?

I got it from ABC digital cameras who had it in stock with free next day delivery. I've dealt with them a couple of times before and I would certainly recommend them.

Nice one, can't say I am not jealous, looking at about christmas for an upgrade here:rolleyes:

Well I had my 350D for just over 3 years and it still takes as good a photo as the day I bought it so there was no real need to upgrade as such, I just decided to spoil myself while the cashback is on.
Canon seem to do another round of cashback in December so you're looking at about the right time to buy.

Just press the button in the centre of the scroll wheel on the back of the camera. (Took me a while to figure out too).

Thanks, I've just done it! You have to enable it in the menu then use the set button.... not very intuitive but at least I know now!

Actually being able to see the effects of the exposure compensation in live view is a great feature, I can see myself using it more than I first expected.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom