Temporary Screen Suggestion?

atlwillie

Novice Member
Hi All,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'll be the recipient of a JVC NZ9 next week in a brand new theater - I wasn't expecting the projector until the Summer given supply chain issues so I only just ordered my Stewart Screen (140" scope G4) yesterday...and it won't be in for another month at least.

I have no screen or projection surface. The wall is already painted black. Any ideas for a quick and dirty surface just to see an image? A white sheet maybe? Any immediately available suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks!

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

Long time listener, first time caller.

I'll be the recipient of a JVC NZ9 next week in a brand new theater - I wasn't expecting the projector until the Summer given supply chain issues so I only just ordered my Stewart Screen (140" scope G4) yesterday...and it won't be in for another month at least.

I have no screen or projection surface. The wall is already painted black. Any ideas for a quick and dirty surface just to see an image? A white sheet maybe? Any immediately available suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks!

If you can paint where the scree is going to be, I suggest Reflecterol screen paint.

Its about 1.2 gain so quite close to your G4 in brightness. I got it from this guy in Romania who makes it. Its colour accurate etc, he's a calibrator.

If you don't need the lumens (which you might not with an NZ9), you could go for a light shade of grey steel which will be very colour accurate.

Another option is just to buy a cheap 1.0 gain projector screen fixed frame whilst waiting for the G4. Given the G4's cost, a budget screen will cost a fraction of the price and you can probably shift it on for 30% of the price u pay for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom