Temple of Doom / Star Wars link

J

Julie Winston

I was going to pose the question 'what links these two films?' but I am more interested in finding out why...

At the start of the film Indie & the girl eventually fall through the blinds of the shops into Short Round's car. At that point you can see the name of the bar: Bar Obi Wan. Is this some kind of reference / homage / tribute to the Star Wars (then) trilogy?

Julie

Yes because Spielberg (director) worked with George Lucas (co-writer) in creating the Indiana Jones films. George Lucas directed Star Wars. Whether or not there is a more specific reason, I don't know but I think that's the connection.

You can also see 3P0 and R2 in the Well of Souls in Raiders of the Lost Ark

And Mr Bronson is in both Star Wars and Last crusade

Lucasfilm/George Lucas which owns the rights to both series of films is the connection.

You can also see Howard the Duck hiding behind Jabba the Hut in Return of the Jedi...

Originally posted by Lex
You can also see Howard the Duck hiding behind Jabba the Hut in Return of the Jedi...

GEt out of it...can you really?

Nah, I made it up ;)

plus they use the same joke.
The one with chewie and han running after the Storm T's. Then Turning round when they see How many there is.
Indi does the same at the end of Temple of doom Just before they get to the rope bridge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom