• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

temple of doom -new release

pj

just a warning that the new region 2 release of temple of doom that came out today is still the cut version just checked it for myself:( oh well one day possibly! ill stick with my region 1 version, imho the pic looked sharper on the region 1 compared to the new version too!

vinvader

just a warning that the new region 2 release of temple of doom that came out today is still the cut version just checked it for myself:(

I was hoping that they would see sense and give us the uncut version for this release :(

vinvader

What was cut?

- Cuts to a close-up of a heart being ripped from the chest and the subsequent self healing of the chest wound.
- The deletion of the line "Leave him alone you bastards" when the Chinese kid is about to be whipped.
- Deletion of the Chinese Kid burning a guard's stomach with a flaming torch (and hence discovering an ability to heal).
- The sequence in which a Sacrifice Victim is being lowered into the fiery pit has been shortened and set to different music.
- Cut to the first 1s or 2s from the shot of his fall in order to delete the image of his head hitting the side of the cliff.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I was hoping that they would see sense and give us the uncut version for this release :(

We should think ourselves lucky, that we've got people in place to protect us from this corrupting, disgusting filth :rotfl:

Mark_a

Though it has to be said that the cheesy foam rubber heart-ripping is such bad SFX that you're not really missing much.

Regards

Mark

stuart1976

just a warning that the new region 2 release of temple of doom that came out today is still the cut version just checked it for myself:( oh well one day possibly! ill stick with my region 1 version, imho the pic looked sharper on the region 1 compared to the new version too!

So the Region 1 version is fully uncut?

wastedyuthe

Distinguished Member
Though it has to be said that the cheesy foam rubber heart-ripping is such bad SFX that you're not really missing much.

Regards

Mark

I agree. I watched the heart ripping clip on YouTube a while ago (since been removed), and found it quite laughable. To be honest, I am kind of glad that particular clip has been removed. I still wish the BBFC would stop baby-sitting us though.
At least they are getting a little more lenient these days- Commando is now fully uncut in the UK for example.

eric pisch

Distinguished Member
watched it on bbc the other night

damn this film looks bad now, dodgy effects, some really dopey acting and jokes for 8 year olds, didnt enjoy it at all im afraid, still like the first one

and the bit when they lowered her over the lava, come on she would have fried at the top .....

wastedyuthe

Distinguished Member
which format is it uncut on ?? as i watched the r2 dvd the other day and the edits are criminal...

Commando is now fully uncut on R2 UK Blu-ray. However, it is NOT the extended Director's Cut available in the US. Still, at least we finally have the TC uncut for the very first time in the UK now, machete clip and all. Don't know when it will get a re-release on DVD uncut though.
As for the Directors Cut being the ONLY version worth owning, I disagree. There isn't really much extra in it.
Anyway, we are digressing. Don't want to hijack the thread on Commando.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom