1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Templates for Videostudio 9

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Lynda, May 14, 2005.

1. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get extra templates for VS9 from???

I like the wizard for making all my previous holiday photo's in to a movie type slideshow but I can't keep using the same Beach and adventures ones.

Thanks,

Lynda :)

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know - I never ever use that Wizard I find it far to restricting without allowing enough creativity, I don't know whether the additional templates available here :- http://www.ulead.co.uk/download/freegoodies/olympic_template.htm will work with the DVD wizard - I suspect NOT.

You would be much better using the full editor - you can do slide shows in that just the same - In my copy of version 9 I have 91 menus supplied - each one customisable first by using any of my own photos/graphics or videos , then each one is customisable to 30 different layouts - each of those combinations can have up to 10 different thumbnail frames applied in addition you can change the text font/text colour for every menu - I don't know what the total number of variations there is but it is a lot more than I've ever needed.
    There is also quite a bit of customising available as to the position of the thumbnails- you can choose between 2 and 12 per screen - BUT - you do not have to use one with exactly the same number of thumbnails as the number of chapters for instance if you only have 6 chapters you can use a template with 6,8,10, or 12 thumbnails and the programme will only use the first 6 positions and delete the rest giving different positions for the six you use.

If you wish to make your own they can apparently be produced in Ulead PhotoImpact 10 - can't help you with that though because as I said in the last 5 years I havent yet worked through all the variations possible within VideoStudio

3. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Beejaycee

Again I am trying to run before walking I expect.

What I liked in the Celebration wizard was the floating bubble effect over the pics.

I can't find instruction how to do this anywhere in the book.

I have a lot of photo's of my grand-daugters as babies I tried them in the Celebration wizard and really liked the effect. The colours were much more suited to the Disney trip we took them on though.

Lynda

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it just the bubbles you like you can use them in the full editor - they are not installed there by default but you can easily import them and use them in the overlay track.

To import the bubbles into the full editor first open UVS at the 'Edit' tab - down the right side of the preview window you will see the video library pane, as the bubbles are a flash animation file it is best if we import them to that library. at the top right corner of the screen just under where it says "VideoStudio 9" is the panel name - by default "Video" immeadiately to the right of that is a small arrow in a box (NOT the one with A/Z in it) click on the little arrow and you will see a drop down containing all the available libraries - scroll down towards the bottom where you should find one called "Flash Animation" - click on it - the panel should now change to show a number of animations which you can use - but NOT the Celebration one.(yet)

At the top again where it now says "Flash Animation" on the same level but at the extreme right is an opening folder - click on it - An "Opening Flash File" dialogue window will open - browse to C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Editing Style\Video\ where you will find a number of files - one of which is called "Celebration Frame.swf" - click on it - then on "open" - a new thumbnail called "Celebration" will appear in the library panel.

To use the 'bubbles' - - - Import your photo's into the storyboard - change to 'Timeline' mode (thats the one with the video, title, and audio tracks) now drag and drop the Celebration Thumbnail down into the second video track - it is only 3 seconds long unfortunately and will not stretch so you will have to drag it down repeatedly to get the length you need (this happens automatically in the celebration wizard) - you will also then need to make the overlay fit the screen by clicking on the clip in the timeline then RIGHT clicking on the image in the preview window and choosing 'Fit to Screen' from the pop-up.

Now be sure you change to 'PROJECT' play before viewing your video , if you do not you will not see the full effect. You can put all sorts of clips in that overlay track and either make them semi-transparent , or use images with a transparent section (have you seen the heart overlay on my website ??) to enhance your video

5. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again ,

I will make that tommorow's project.

The heart is lovely, you are very clever.

Thanks for taking the time to help this over enthusiastic newbie to video editing.

Lynda

6. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What great instruction! I can't believe I did that .

In my animation drop down menu I have only one animation ( The one with hands) Is this correct?? ( plus my bubbles of course)
    also in the decoration drop down there is only one frame and one object?????

Lynda

7. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No something is not quite right somewhere - in my animation panel I have 18 (19 now I've put the bubbles in) - incidentely I've just realised the bubbles are already there in mine but under another name - never mind having them twice is not a problem.

Also in my 'Objects' I have 31 items and in 'Frame' I have 15 objects.

So it appears something didn't load quite right - so lets see if they transferred to your hard drive. First lets check the animations - can you open 'My computer' and browse to C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Samples\Video\ in that last folder can you see files called MotionD01.swf to MotionD09.swf as well as MotionF07.swf and MotionF08.swf - - if you have open UVS9 and then in the 'Animation' panel use the opening folder icon to browse to them 'Click - click+shift' to select them all then click open and they should all appear in your panel.

Similarly the 'Objects' can be found in C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Samples\Decoration\ - and are called D01.png to D31.png - import them to the 'object' panel

The 'Frames, are also found in the same folder at C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Samples\Decoration\ - and are called F01.tif to F15.tif - import them to the 'Frame' panel.

So - hopefully that will now put more bits and pieces in your library panels - but if the files are not on your hard drive we may need to run the 'repair' option on your programme disc - I'll guide you through doing that if you need it.

Don't forget you can also make your own frames and objects if you have some form of image/photo manipulation package - in fact I know you have one because Ulead Cool3D is supplied free on your discs - thats how I made my Heart and a similar star.

If you have problems understanding any of the procedures please ask again and I'll try and explain from a different angle.

8. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :) Thank you Beejaycee,

I now have more to play with! The motion ones are now in the animations part, the only problem which I don't think is a problem is that both the frames and the objects have gone in to images even though I had the right part open, so they are at the end of my photo's????

I wonder if I have anything else missing.

Once again your instruction was great.

Lynda

9. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like it is still not right, I have the 31 objects.
    14 frames and 12 motion plus bubbles

10. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's not a problem for the programme that the thumbnails have gone into the wrong panels - it's just a bit inconvenient for you - I've never known files to go to the wrong panel before - they always go to the panel which is open for me - you could try importing them again into their relevant panels - if it works correctly this time just delete the thumbnails that are in the wrong panels - literally - just RIGHT click over them and choose 'Delete' from the pop-up - say yes to the question - this will remove only the Thumbnail NOT the actual file, - this procedure can also be used on all your photograph and video Thumbnails.

The 15 frames I have are labelled F01 to F15 so you should be able to see which number you have missing and then just import that one.

OK in the animation panel the 12 you have are presumably MotionD01 to MotionD09 plus MotionF07 and MotionF08 - The ones you are missing there are in fact the ones from the moviewizard templates (sorry didn't realise that - I've never used the wizard and they have different names in the panel) - with the animation panel open click on the opening folder icon again and browse to C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Editing Style\Video\ and import all the .swf files you find there - you should now be complete.

A few other statistics for you :-
    In the "Video" library panel I have 15 videos labelled V01 to V15
    In the "Image" library panel I have 18 images numbered ¦01 to ¦18
    In the "Audio" library panel I have 15 items labelled A01 to A15
    In the "Color" library panel I have 15 colors
    In the "Title" library panel I have 15 titles
    In the "Video Filters" panel I have a total of 45 filters
    In ALL of the "Transitions" panels I have a total of 182 transitions.

11. Lynda

Lynda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmmmmmmm, strange, I have nothing in Video

In animation I have numbers 1-8 plus a duplicate

15 titles

Nothing in Images except my photographs.

194 transitions

Audio 2

Filters ok, colours ok.

I have tried to repair the files by going in to Add and remove programmes and clicking on repair, no change at all.

I cannot find these files in the place that I downloaded the motion files from???

Sorry to be such a pest

Lynda

12. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All of the free samples can be found in a sub-folder under C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio 9.0\Samples\ - that is Audio for the audio files, - Image for the Image files and Video for the video files - if you have the files in those folders then you should be able to import them to the panels using the opening folder icon BUT you must have the appropriate library panel open to see the files in the folder - ie if you have the Video folder open you will not be able to see images - - although I don't think you'll miss much if you don't have them - I find they are not that useful.

I usually run the 'Repair' option by inserting the programme disk in my PC and then when the opening splash screen comes up choose "Install VideoStudio 9.0" - you are then offerred the 'Repair' or 'Remove' options.