Telltale Batman Xbox One (2016)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Announcement Teaser

Telltale Games, with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment, today announced an interactive episodic game series based on DC Comics’ iconic Batman™ that is set to premiere in 2016. The official title for the Telltale series is yet to be revealed.

The episodic game series will premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced.

“At Telltale, we’ve been honored to bring our unique approach to interactive storytelling to some of the biggest entertainment franchises in the world, and we’re excited to announce that we’ll soon be exploring what it means to be Batman in an all-new series starting next year,” said Kevin Bruner, Co-Founder and CEO of Telltale Games. “This iteration of Batman will give fans a first-hand opportunity to dive deeper into the complex life and mind of Bruce Wayne, the duality of his own identity, and the struggle of responsibility in saving a city overcome with corruption and villainy.”

“Telltale has an established track record of creating award-winning content for some of the best properties in the world,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.“We look forward to working with the team as they deliver a new interactive way for fans and gamers to experience the rich narrative world of Batman.”

Last edited:

Fothy

Absolutely nothing to go on with that clip, however it's Batman and and it's by Telltale ... so I'm sold!

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
  • The game will have a heavy focus on the actions of Bruce Wayne. What things Bruce does/pursues in the daytime will affect Batman in the night time.
  • Game will be set in present day and be a fresh take on the series. Gordon, Alfred, Vicki Vale, and Renee Montoya all confirmed but don't expect any "Bat family". Batman will be the only "hero"
  • Certain characters personal relationship with Bruce will affect how they swing morally in the world of Gotham.
  • The game will be rated M and will feature a more comic book art style than realistic

Rorifett

Distinguished Member
The game will have a heavy focus on the actions of Bruce Wayne. What things Bruce does/pursues in the daytime will affect Batman in the night time.
Like if BW doesn't have a bat nap during the day then Batman will only be able to operate until 11pm when he suddenly gets too tired to fight crime?
:D

Or do too much during the day and you need to start taking amphetamines to keep yourself going, before plunging into a massive come down the following week 'Alfred, they all hate me really, I think I'm the bad one! Cuddle me! NO DON'T TOUCH ME OR LOOK AT ME I'M NOT WORTHY'

Ahem....

Nemesis X2

Distinguished Member
Like if BW doesn't have a bat nap during the day then Batman will only be able to operate until 11pm when he suddenly gets too tired to fight crime?
:D

Or do too much during the day and you need to start taking amphetamines to keep yourself going, before plunging into a massive come down the following week 'Alfred, they all hate me really, I think I'm the bad one! Cuddle me! NO DON'T TOUCH ME OR LOOK AT ME I'M NOT WORTHY'

Ahem....

Or if Bruce gets it on with Vicky Vale he could end up under the thumb and she won't let him go out at night without her.... Game breaker right there.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
Episode 1 is out today.

Seems to have generally positive reviews.

I doubt very much it is going to break the mould, so most people will pretty much already know whether they're interested in playing it based on what they have made of previous Telltale games.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Want to pick it up but not going to pay for the season pass now because its likely to be discounted before episode 2 is released.

How is the performance on the XB1? as the loading times and stutter in Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones made them almost unplayable at times.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
I've scanned a few reviews and seen no mention of any performance issues.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
Will give it a go then, only £3.20 for the first episode from Hungary so even if it is a mess not much lost.

Lurking Lawyer

Distinguished Member
It worked fine for me last week when I picked up Kerbal Space Program - but I can understand your caution after yesterday's fiasco! :D

I had received a tenner in Xbox credit for taking a Now TV trial ages ago, so I used that to buy Ep 1. It was odd to note that there was no real saving in buying the season pass - £5.19 for Ep 1, £19.99 for Eps 2-5 or £24.99 for Eps 1-5. I'm sure in the past buying the season pass for Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us in effect saved you the cost of one episode.

No matter. I'll just buy the pass from Hungary and save myself £7-8, if Ep 1 is any good.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
It worked fine for me last week when I picked up Kerbal Space Program - but I can understand your caution after yesterday's fiasco! :D

I had received a tenner in Xbox credit for taking a Now TV trial ages ago, so I used that to buy Ep 1. It was odd to note that there was no real saving in buying the season pass - £5.19 for Ep 1, £19.99 for Eps 2-5 or £24.99 for Eps 1-5. I'm sure in the past buying the season pass for Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us in effect saved you the cost of one episode.

No matter. I'll just buy the pass from Hungary and save myself £7-8, if Ep 1 is any good.

I wouldn't bother getting the season pass just yet even if Episode 1 is a great game as you know by the time they get around to releasing Episode 2 the season pass will have dropped in price, regretted buying the Game of Thrones season pass for exactly this reason.

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I checked Russia first but due to their prepaid codes only coming in 500, 1000 and 2000 amounts it would mean spending more in the short term but I am sure the remainder would get spent eventually.

Frostygills

You're right Indi, I buy a lot from Russia so I don't mind leaving the left over credit on my account.

Reviews don't sound too bad.

rowedav

Distinguished Member
What's everyone's thoughts? I've just finished chapter 3 so about half way and so far think it's pretty good, but I've skipped the last few Telltale games so bound to feel fresh/new. Very much feels like a 1st episode that's setting the groundwork for whats to come in future episodes. I'll probably run this again to see how the different choices pan out.

As for performance, I've noticed a few drops in framerate here and there but nothing too drastic. Apparently this is using a new telltale engine...

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
I read it was using a new engine, about damn time and glad to hear its fairly stable, Tales of the Borderlands would hang for a good 20-30 seconds during gameplay which made the QTE sequences very difficult.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom