Telewest TV Drive - is it any good ?

T

tgzone

Hello all,

I am looking for only positive comments on this TV system.

I have been with Sky for many years - but we we live we have enourmous trees and now sky is failing 50% time.
We have no choice but to go with Telewest.

Anyone live near west sussex, south east who has these TV drives and are happy with quality / use / stabiliity, etc.

As you often only tend to read the negative comments.

Does anyone like TV Drive?

thanks

tg zone

bsuttie

Novice Member
I am very happy with mine, some niggles which will hopefully get sorted out as the product matures, but generally very happy.

regards

Brian

(not from West Sussex)

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
Very happy with mine, would highly recomend it! I've had one replacement box after the first unexpectedly died (wouldn't even boot) but Telewest had it replaced 2 days later. Not experienced any other issues.

Would like to see more HD content but I'm not really missing any of Sky's (maybe Discovery). The BBC HD are showing some great stuff, I'm really enjoying Hotel Babylon and Jools Holland, and it now looks like we get an HD movie every Thursday :clap:

omnione

Standard Member
Had mine about a week, it was installed on time by a friendly engineer and has been working o.k. up to now. (famous last words http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/suicide.gif
:suicide: ). I have it connected to a Hitachi pd7500 using the HDMI connector set at 720p and the optical out into my Yamaha amp. I am very pleased. One minor niggle I do have though concerns the series link, when set it records anything with the series name and does not record according to which series and episode is being transmitted, i.e. if set to record Startrek it records every Startrek program regardless of the series. Sky has a habbit of transmitting say series one on Monday and series three on a Tuesday ect ect and the TV drive can,t sort this out unlike the Sky + box which my friend has and he says his can and does record series and episode correcty. I asume its a lack of programing info from Telewest. Unless someone knows otherwise http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/znaika.gif
:lesson: But apart fom this as I said before very pleased (and it did not cost me £300 up front either http://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

SlowRunner

Novice Member
yes very happy. excellent pvr, picture is great too - had mine about 5 months and now wonder how I lived without it.

Real Reason

Standard Member
When The tvdrive works, which to be honest is most of the time, it is pretty darn good.

The standout feature is the ability to record 2 sides and watch a third (or even watch a previous recording). This is a life saver between 8pm and 10pm.

It is also HD capable which I haven’t yet exploited and you can rewind live tv.

I do think you do yourself an injustice in just wanting to know the 'positives', because there are faults you ought to know about but I'll respect your request on this thread. I am sure the other threads cover enough negatives.

Good luck

T0rNaDo

bsuttie said:
some niggles which will hopefully get sorted out as the product matures, but generally very happy.
)
i couldnt of said it better myself. i agree !

Real Reason said:
The standout feature is the ability to record 2 sides and watch a third (or even watch a previous recording). This is a life saver between 8pm and 10pm.

indeed a life saver ! really couldnt do without it now..

plus i must admit i do watch a lot more tv now..... with tvdrive...
like watching a program while recording another... then being able to watch the recording later..

before when i had just digital box, i hardly watched tv.
and CBA to put a dvdrw in dvd recorder to record anything :)

kmark40

Novice Member
Had mine almost 2 months and has been, the vast majority of times, very very good and reliable. When researching it, I did read about the box freezing a lot and that did happen to me recently. However, turning the box off at the wall for 10 minutes sorted that out. That has really been the only problem that I have encountered. It is my first PVR, so I do watch a lot more TV now. HD content is low, but I am not too concerned yet, as HD seems to be a little slow on the uptake in the Uk at the mo anyway. Hopefully it will pick up in the next 1-2 years. Did watch Enemy of the State on BBC HD recently, was very very impressed. Overall, I don't regret getting one bit.

jwramsay

Love mine, the HD is great and the record 2 watch one is fab.

Worth the extra 6 quid a month!