1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telewest through Hauppauge WinTv USB

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by JamieDenny, Sep 9, 2005.

1. JamieDenny

JamieDenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Great forum, wish I had found it sooner.
    I'm going to start this just as every other newbie and ay how I have searched through every web page ever created and not found my answer.

I've just puchased a WinTv Usb external tv card (as I'm using a laptop) and tried to put my Telewest cable through. Of course this is not working otherwise this thread would be pointless !.

I tried placing the card infront of the STB, which didn't work but hardly surprising as it needs decoding first. However it did find virtually all the channels when searching (although none of them are watchable).

I then tried taking out the connection to the TV (much to my girlfriends upset) and putting the connection into the Hauppauge WinTv. This time it only found one channel but still is not able to watch.

I understand that it is likely I can only watch and record the channel on the STB and not remote change this via the laptop. However it would be nice just to be able to watch something.

I hope this all makes sense and that someone can help.

Thanks

Jamie Denny