Telewest Teleport

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Geordie Jester, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Couldnt find a 'cable' thread.

How is everyone finding Teleport ? Rolled out over Tyneside at weekend. Fairly impressed with it, works well and fast.

Only gripe is that not many channels seem to have embraced the service yet. It has a very BBC bias.

Anyone know when other channels might sign up to it ? It really misses Channel 4 and ITV shows

2. Adrian Hughes

Adrian Hughes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi there,

were currently looking at getting either telewest (with teleport!) or sky+.
    how do you think the teleport is compared to say sky+. I know telewest will be bringing there own recorder out soon, but teleport looks interesting.

Ade

3. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I think it works well. There's a broad spread of BBC, Living and Bravo shows you can watch when you like, you can pause, rewind/fast forward pay per view movies (and of course watch them more than once in the rental period). This will run in conjuction with the PVR, as you won't be able to record the Teleport programs onto your hard drive.

Personally, I'm happy with TW, broadband is now a 10Mb speedster, TV is improving all the time, and the PVR will be better than the current Sky+ boxes.

4. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    It does work well, and it all seems pretty slick.

Worst thing at the mo is definately the lack of channels using the service. But that is surely set to change until they are saving so many shows on there

Sky+ is obviously better as u can pick and choose exactly what to record on any channel rather than what Telewest pick. But its expensive in comparison.

I have friends that think Sky+ is fantastic except for the cost.

5. L4ZYBOY

L4ZYBOY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the verge of getting a Humax PVR 9200T (with an ever constant faint wish in the back of my mind that I could push myself and splash out on Sky+). Now sort of tempted by this new Teleport; but what's this someone said 'bout not recording the Teleport's onto the PVR, surely a third party PVR will work with it and maybe can record them on that? (Can obviously understand about rentals and such being a no no).

6. nortonl

nortonl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am also very enthusiastic about Teleport but agree they need to sign up the other main channels at least.

A couple of minor gripes though:
    1. I have had a few crashes which is not unexpected with a new system, but it has highlighted that the single speed fast forward/rewind is not enough - if you have to skip through half an hour or more of program to get back to where you left off, it takes ages.

2. If you pause a program and go off for about half an hour, it switches off (and the above issue kicks into play) !!! Surely the whole point of this is you can go off and eat your dinner or whatever and reume from where you were.