Telewest Sky

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by videonasty, Oct 25, 2004.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Can anyone give me info on having Sky through Telewest? Some of their internet offers are excellent. Are they any good, Customer Service, etc.....? :thumbsup: :confused:

2. Timber

Timber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is easy. They are also happy for you take say Sky Sports for just one month and then turn it off again. I was watching Sky Sports 10 minutes after calling! The Sky interactive stuff does not work though.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Customer Service is appauling - may be I am biased as they issued court proceedings over a debt of £0.00 after I cancelled my service with them - though they did eventually give £50 compensation for the hassel/telephone costs

Picture/sound quality is significantly lower than with Sky

Equipment - all the boxes I have had on cable have been very poor and required frequent reboots - the plus side is that they remain the property of telewest and so faults are covered for the life of your subscription compared to Sky where you own the box and so it only has a 1 year warrenty

The only other advantage is that they are not as effected by atmostspheric conditions but the number of faults with the boxes has ment that I have been without service alot more often that I was with Sky in heavy storms

If you have the option then I believe that Sky is the better option

4. baynet

baynet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with Astaroth. The picture etc is not as good as Sky, and my setup box has to be reset approx every month as it stops showing channels in 16:9 format, also Telewest Customer Services can be slow to answer the phone although I have never had any problems with them once I have got through

5. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have TV, Broadband and Phone through TW.

Broadband is fantastic.
    TV is OK but for interactive , channel choice etc Sky wins.
    Phone is fine.

Customer service is now good (was terrible).

Once they sort out the Interactive, and programming information and come up with a PVR (Sky Plus thing) I think they will be real competition for Sky. But at the moment I don't think they are (on the TV side). Shy I think woulod win - but its easier for me to get one bill for all three.

6. Nottman

Nottman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    As per Lee789.

Don't forget though - you can only set the cable box timer 24 hours ahead - not much good if you're going away on holiday! I only found this out when I switched from analogue, much to my dismay.