Telewest service problems - now no S-Video feed for MCE!!

MacBurp

Established Member
Reaction score
Telewest had some serious service disruptions in the London South area overnight, I woke up this morning to find both boxes reset.

Now I cannot get a picture to my Mediacenter PC.

I have an RGB picture coming out of my Pace 4000 box, passing through a JS Tech S-Video converter. The s-video signal feeds my Mediacentre PC.

I get the RGB pass-through signal fine on my TV, but no S-video picture!

Telewest customer service have advised me that they do not support this configuration etc etc. - the usual.

I can only presem that Telewest have turned down the gain in some way dues to their service issues, which is messing me up.

Is anyone else experiencing this? What can I do?

regards,
Paul

Problem solved - the Telewest reset had switched the box back to composite, which the JS Tech converters cannot see. Switched back to RGB, normal service resumed.

regards,
Paul

I have telewest aswell, I would like to do somethign similar, what is the configuration of your setup and what hardware do you use with your HTPC/MCE.

Sounds like a firmware download to me. Can't think of anything else that would do a complete reset of the box.

Cable Monkey said:
Sounds like a firmware download to me. Can't think of anything else that would do a complete reset of the box.

Except the JCB that went through the cable yesterday midday taking down most of NTL lines (TV, phone and broadband) in the IG essex area....I had a rather pleasant "amish" night....carol singing, monopoly, hand puppets.

Thats what you get for putting all your eggs in the ntl basket...
Service was restored around 11a.m. this morning.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom