• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Telewest Service Offline!! Gotta wait till Wed for an engineer!!

martind

Sat night my broadband dropped, as it was late i couldn't be bothered to look into it so switched off the PC and went to bed.

Sunday morning i tried to watch tv through the telewest tv drive unit and could not get any channels to work. I noticed that the 'Off Line' led was flashing on the front of my TV drive unit. Teleport service is also unavailable!

All locally stored programs work fine (anything stored on the HDD). So this indicates that the TV drive was not receiving any data/channels from telewest.

I made a call to report the fact that telport and tv channels are not being received and also broadband was down, they asked the usual questions about air circ and rebooting, then booked an engineer - however the next available time was Wednesday!!

The odd thing is that the phone still works :confused:

Has anyone got any ideas on what to check in the mean time??

By the way i live in the Great Barr area of Birmingham and telewest state that there is not an issue in the area.

Cheers

Martin

PS I know its a TW HD forum, but thought i'd try my chances here to see if anyone has any knowledge that may help.:thumbsup:

Take a look at the box outside and just check the thicker cables are not loose - also check the box just inside or any splitter you may have as it sounds like could possibly a loose connection (your phone uses the smaller wire)

Don't worry you can't get a shock but disconnect the cables inside just in case you put a back EMF up your TVdrive / PC. If your not comfortable digging a screwdriver in there then don't do it!

It's a long shot as the fault could be further up, but it shouldn't take you more than five minutes.

ukfatboy

Standard Member
Hi,

if its any use to you, exactly the same thing happened to me on Thursday night and I'm in solihull. Went to bed and next morning the offline light was still on so I rebooted box and everything was OK.

I'd judt try rebooting at regular intervals and see if it picks up signal.

martind

Well Jordon's norks was spot on!!!

I checked the box on the external wall of the house and the protective cover was loose and the cabling also loose.

Attached the cabling back on and it now works a treat.

I'll still keep the call open for the engineer to check it over.

What would we do without NORK'S:thumbsup:

Hurrah :smashin:

martind said:
Well Jordon's norks was spot on!!!

I checked the box on the external wall of the house and the protective cover was loose and the cabling also loose.

Attached the cabling back on and it now works a treat.

I'll still keep the call open for the engineer to check it over.

What would we do without NORK'S:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom