Telewest...picture quality?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by barry-k, Jul 18, 2005.

1. barry-k

barry-k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Windtalker

Windtalker
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    i have telewest going through my Samsung LE-26R51BD and i think thed picture is great on some channels and ok on others.

3. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    I have telewest connected to my sagem 27"lcd and picture quality varies the main channels look ok but some of the other rubbish does look shoddy which isnt helped by my lcd tvs high resolution.

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +512
    I'll also be interst to know how well LCD's work with NTL Digital. Much of the criticism of NTL in these Forums has been from those who still rely on an analogue service. I have found the Digital service in my area, to a CRT, very good and probably better than some of the Sky reception I have seen on friends TVs. I have the latest Samsung box. It seems that the main channels are the best, but I suspect that some of the, compressed, minor channels may suffer as the Sky reception does.

5. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    With any digital TV signal, it's not always going to look very good. These providers go for quantity over quality and squeeze as many channels as they can onto the network with just over borderline acceptable image quality. The clarity of LCD screens mean the faults show in all their "glory".

6. barry-k

barry-k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers guys....yeah still unsure.....Really wanted a 26/27 " LCD Panel......might hold off for a bit

7. djsat2

djsat2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use NTL digital with a Viewsonic N3000W. Looks fine to me, some channels are very over compressed which don't look too hot on the LCD (althoygh they werne't much better on my old CRT) but on the main channels which i watch i cant say i notice anything in perticualr to complain about apart from the usual when using hi-red LCD on a loew res SCART signal.