Telewest picture quality - good news

K

kifimoto

I'd been disappointed with the pq from telewest for a long time but only last night i remembered that i could set the picture to RGB and widescreen rather than composite and 4:3.
I had been thinking about going sky+ for a while now but the picture quality now is so good that i'm staying put. It's now displaying 625i as displayed by the PDP434.
I was about to go out this weekend and get meself a Iscan Ultra (480p). phew....

I would still get $ky +. Its got lots going for it not just picture quality.

The problem is that my neighbour who has sky says he gets interference when a large plane flies pass...
i've also heard that sky's a bit of a rip off when it comes to customer service....
what do you think is great about sky+ then?

It has changed the way we watch telly in our house forever.

I'm a footy fan, so I can watch ALL the footy I like and record ALL the soaps, drama series etc, in fact we record all the ITV dramas and most of the BBC's, we never watch them live. You can then skip all the ads.

The record quality is v good, actually the same as original.
Live pause, instant rewind and now dual recording. So you can watch a recorded program and record two others all at the same time.

My wife watches her soaps (I never watch them ;0) of course) and the like when shes ready, not when she has to. I know you can do all this with a couple of VHS boxes but you don't because of the hassle and the poor record quality.

I would like to get another $ky + box as our two children are still living with us and they would like to have one for their programs, the trouble is the remote control will operate both at the same time, so I might get a Tivo and run from my mirror sub instead.

I have invested a fare amount of money in my goggle box and its bits and pieces and $ky + plus is one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought.

get it! its a no brainer.

And as for $ky customer service, they are no better or worse than any other large company.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom