1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

telewest pace remote control questions?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by SunTzu, Feb 10, 2005.

1. SunTzu

SunTzu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have telewest television through a pace box (model Di4000-t), i want to move this box into a cupboard and use a Philips SBCVL1400 Wireless TV Link (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...00093TCI/customer-reviews/026-2853151-1177263). my question is even though the remote control is not compatable with universal remotes will the infra red transmitter pick up the telewest remote signal and transmit to the cupboard??

2. SunTzu

SunTzu
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    okay, i've been looking around the forums some more and i'm becoming more and more confused.... but as much as i can gather, is it possible to get a blue remote from a pace 4001 stb and use it on my 4000 and then use a remote repeater?

if there is no way i can get this to work does anybody have any ideas how i can get the bloody thing to work from another room/in a cupboard?

3. ismangil

ismangil
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The telewest box you have is the IRDA model, so the philips extender is not compatible. The only compatible extender I know is DigiEye. Using this you keep on using your original remote.

Alternatively you can use the Philips extender you mentioned and use Red-Eye together with a remote compatible with Red-Eye (there is a list on their site), so you don't user your original remote.

Hope this helps.