Telewest Pace box giving me hard time

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by amancalledchip, Jun 14, 2004.

1. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Im trying very hard to sort this out, can someone tell me please is does this box send RGB signal out off both scart plugs.

The one from the decoder that goes to the TV has RGB, the problem im having is that when i connect the other scart thats for the video player to my DVD recorder, i get a picture and sound all is well when its in standby, but when i switch it on to record i loose the picture but still have the sound.

The only way i can record and view in RGB is to have the scart coming out of the decoder thats meant for the TV going into the DVD recorder. and the one meant for the video to the tv.

Can this harm anything.
    Does'nt help that the TV only has one RGB in either.

2. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    someone told me you can have tv output on the cable box going into the dvd recorder and then have the dvd recorder output going into the tv and the cable box will just work through the dvd recorder (daisy chain I think he called it)

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Daisy chain is the way to do it, though you could use a scart multiplier? There is only composite from scart 2 on the pace box. This is the case with almost all STB's whether sky, cable or freeview. There are a few freeviews that do s-video.

4. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    MAW - I have a similar problem except that my dvd recorder doesn't have RGB input (only video/s-video). If I daisy chain it with a RGB to S-video converter and then out of the dvd recorder to the plasma through component, will I be getting a high quality picture on my screen, or will it be the s-video quality that my revorder receives regardless of the component output?

Would I be better off running the cable box directly to the plasma in RGB and just making do with composite quality recordings?

5. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Many thanks for the response, i have now switched the scarts over, but i have been getting slight freezing of the picture , lasts a split second, then carries on as normal.

Thought it may be down to it being wired up this way.

I am now watching the decoder on ext 2 ( direct from the decoder , but in composite)not ext 1 ( through the DVD recorder and in RGB) to see if it still does it.

As yet , not noticed anything.

This will at least eliviate the dvdr from the list of possible problems.

Many thanks

6. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    If you have the same Pace model as NTL supplied me then the VCR Scart is composite (as VCRs were normally composite only). I only use the Scart output marked TV (set to rgb in the NTL menu) which goes to the DVD recorder and passes through the DVD scart to the telly.

I also connect the phonos from the Pace to my amp to get the sound.

Steve

7. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    forgive me if this is a silly question, but should the input on a dvd recorder be set to "decoder" if it is connected to a cable box?

8. amancalledchip

amancalledchip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dunno , dont seem to make a difference weather its Decoder or Normal.

BTW , its the Decoder thats freezing in my system.

Anyone else have that happen.