telewest or freeview

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by pat clancy, Mar 16, 2003.

1. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    hi all,i,m moving house soon,at the moment i have telewest,i believe telewest supply where i,m moving to,so whats the general opinion,should i re-connect to telewest or buy a freeview box,i only want the the free channels,i was never impressed with the sound telewest gave me,is the sound on freeview much better,and which freeview boxes have a digital audio out just incase dd 5.1 becomes available,i,d appreciate any feed back from extelewest people who have jumped ship to freeview,rgrds pat

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I like DTTV. AFAIK the cable companies just rebroadcast the DTTV streams anyway!

Give it a go - you can always use it on another TV if you want TW back!

3. bar

bar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are just after free channels i would go for Freeview then, buy a box plug it in and your away (assuming you can pick the signal up;) )

I assume you would have to pay to get cable installed. Does it cost more than a STB?

You could also consider sky, dont know how much they charge though if you dont subscibe.

4. PhilipVass

PhilipVass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you dont want all those cables fitted then you are better with Freeview if u want Film and Sport then you are best with Telewest.