1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest man tellin stories??

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by ultimatenyle, Feb 26, 2002.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was on the phone to a telewest guy who happened to call to see if i was happy with the service ... as it happened i was already thinking about calling/writing to complain about the poor service/performance of their digital tv service.
    I told him my woes and problems about the box crashing, programs lists dissapearing, laughable interactive service which is so slow - broadband 'mon derrier' and the fact that the salesman who came up to my flat to tell me what they had to offer was tellin porkies i.e. digital surround sound available, fast interactivty, high quality pictures etc.

anyway the guy on the phone said that the whole service was imminently going to get an overhaul with new boxes and controlers (with reset buttons) and that in march/april telewests deal with sky is renewed and sky extra, sports.com etc. will be available.

also if someone was using a chipped box in my area that box would interfere with the signal with my box causing problems.

does anyone know if this is true or was he tellin me stories?

cheers
    nyle

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That bit is probably bollux,but the other stuff is probably true,cos I got a letter from them this very morning about new price increases and why we need them.

3. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyonw know where i can get my box chipped, or one of those magi-card things

just got a letter too, informing of their neccessary price increase to give better customer satisfation !!