Telewest: Is this a scam?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Mr Pumpkinhead, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Mr Pumpkinhead

Mr Pumpkinhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Telewest are asking for a £250 deposit for their services as they claim Equifax have failed my credit rating.

This seems unlikely as I had a credit check run for other services only 3 weeks ago and have an A1 rating. I constantly get pre approved loan offers from the main banks and offers from every credit card company.

Has anyone else come across this? Seems a bit iffy to me.

2. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ask them when they'll give the money back. I had to do that with Orange when I moved house a few too many times (because of my job) in short succession. They asked for £100 and gave it back 6 months or a year later.

Taimur

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm fairly sure that you can request a full printout of your record from Equifax (or any other company). You may have to pay a "nominal" fee of up to £25. If there's a discrepancy, you can insist that they correct it.

This is *very* much off-topic for this group but you asked so I answered. I'll leave the moderators to decide where to put it!

Fman

4. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'll find the fee is just £2 (non refundable). And yes, if the info held is incorrect you write stating the circumstances and either a correction will be made or your statement will be posted for subsequent reference.:)