Telewest IR Relay Problems

B

brailz

Hi everyone.

I've been off to Lidl's today and got a Welltach 'wireless transmission set' Model 40457 for £20. :thumbsup:

All fairly straight forward stuff and got the everything set up AV wise in a few minutes.

However this particular model comes with a IR relay so you can use the remote control via the system. I've followed all the instructions and can't get the damn thing to work with my Telewest decoder (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4000DVB/Silver Remote).

Now here's the strange thing it will relay the IR signal for every other piece of equipment I've got (VHS, Amp, etc.) just not my Telewest box :rolleyes: so I've ruled out a poor signal between the two relay units/faulty equipment etc.

I've even taken off the 'window' on the front of the box and placed the IR repeater diode next to (what I think is the IR detector) at the far left of the display pane, still with no luck. :eek:

Is there something specific to these boxes why it won't work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Having looked at a few other posts, I only want to be able to change channels and have not ventured in to the world of HDTV yet :-(

EDIT2: Answered my own post. Damn IRDA. I need one of these gizmos and a programable remote.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheapo learning/programmable remote that will work with the RedEye??

:thumbsup:

movingtables

Novice Member
Hi everyone.

I've been off to Lidl's today and got a Welltach 'wireless transmission set' Model 40457 for £20. :thumbsup:

All fairly straight forward stuff and got the everything set up AV wise in a few minutes.

However this particular model comes with a IR relay so you can use the remote control via the system. I've followed all the instructions and can't get the damn thing to work with my Telewest decoder (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4000DVB/Silver Remote).

Now here's the strange thing it will relay the IR signal for every other piece of equipment I've got (VHS, Amp, etc.) just not my Telewest box :rolleyes: so I've ruled out a poor signal between the two relay units/faulty equipment etc.

I've even taken off the 'window' on the front of the box and placed the IR repeater diode next to (what I think is the IR detector) at the far left of the display pane, still with no luck. :eek:

Is there something specific to these boxes why it won't work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Having looked at a few other posts, I only want to be able to change channels and have not ventured in to the world of HDTV yet :-(

EDIT2: Answered my own post. Damn IRDA. I need one of these gizmos and a programable remote.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheapo learning/programmable remote that will work with the RedEye??

:thumbsup:
sadly you're telewest box does not use "infered" to change channels it uses a different frequency called "irda" and your video sender from lidl does not support this frequency. i only know one product on the market for video senders that support irda and that is the digisender gold.
unlucky i guess...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom