• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Telewest HDTV 2 Sharp LC-37XD1E

B

buckbo

Right, I have had Telewest HDTV for around 2 months in prep for my LCD TV, today my Sharp LC-37XD1E came, excited has a kid in a candy shop :thumbsup: .
I set it up on cable and the picture is great, but can I get the HDMI cables to work, no :mad: , I ordered the IXOS XHT458 HDMI to HDMI.
I am new to this thing, my last TV, Loewe Aventos was a doodle to set up.
Just hoping anyone out there can help me with the settings.
Cheers
Stephen

radriderx

Established Member
Right, I have had Telewest HDTV for around 2 months in prep for my LCD TV, today my Sharp LC-37XD1E came, excited has a kid in a candy shop :thumbsup: .
I set it up on cable and the picture is great, but can I get the HDMI cables to work, no :mad: , I ordered the IXOS XHT458 HDMI to HDMI.
I am new to this thing, my last TV, Loewe Aventos was a doodle to set up.
Just hoping anyone out there can help me with the settings.
Cheers
Stephen

Hi,
Can you provide more info? both the tvdrive and the sharp have to be set up properly for HDMI to work.

B

buckbo

Hi Radriderx,

I have been reading that when people go to set up on TV Drive, when they press test, it goes black then goes back to RGB, that is what is happening to me.
I have normal TV Drive working throught a IXOS scart, picture is great, but when I remove it and use the HDMI to HDMI cable it's a black screen.
Not sure about the rest of the setting, total idiot to this new tv set ups (HDMI).
Sorry
Stephen

L

londoner2006

Hi
I am not familar with your Sharp LCD TV.
I hope the following helps:
I assume you realise that current RGB output (in AV1/2 etc.) and HDTV output (RGB 1/2 etc.) are in different channels depending on your connections such as AV1/2/3 and RGB1/2 etc. Therefore, if "Test" key is pressed, the display is now on RGB channel that will be shown by pressing correct RGB channel key on remote control.
Also, you need to configure your Sharp specific RGB output accordingly.
I hope it helps.
Pls also see my link and see whether it helps: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436677&highlight=tvdrive+hitachi.

Londoner2006

andythescientis

Established Member
I suspect you have'nt set your TV to the HDMI input. Most people assume that TVs will detect it like they do for scart, but they won't. You'll physically have to tell the TV that you're using the HDMI input.

radriderx

Established Member
Hi Radriderx,

I have been reading that when people go to set up on TV Drive, when they press test, it goes black then goes back to RGB, that is what is happening to me.
I have normal TV Drive working throught a IXOS scart, picture is great, but when I remove it and use the HDMI to HDMI cable it's a black screen.
Not sure about the rest of the setting, total idiot to this new tv set ups (HDMI).
Sorry
Stephen

Sounds like you haven't set up the tv drive yet, try the following:
- set your TV drive to output 'HDMI' at 1080i or 720p
- quickly flick to your sharp tv HDMI channel to check if you have a picture, if you can see a picture then flick back to your scart tvdrive channel then
- press OK to the first question
- go back to your HDMI channel on your TV
- press OK to the second question
- press TEXT
- press TV

However your installation engineer should have done all this!

Hope this helps!

P.S. if this messes up you can get back to the basic setup by:

1 Press the RESET button
2 Immediately press and hold the STOP and PLAY buttons, until BOOT appears on the panel
3 Wait until OUTPUT is displayed on front panel, then use FF to select between HDMI, Component and SCART
4 Press OK
5 The system will now reboot into the selected video mode
(got this from TrevorG - posted 24/11/2006)

Let us know how you get on!

B

buckbo

Cheers guy's it's sorted, thanks for all ur time:thumbsup: .
Just waiting for the Blu rays to get cheaper, lol.
Stephen

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom