telewest forum gone ?

T0rNaDo

looks like telewest and sky forums been joined and renamed ?

high definition tv sources....

took me 5 mins to find the posts have been moved to here

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
I'd have appreciated a little advance notice about this. Perhaps 3/4 days prior a small post to inform us of the change that was about to happen!

Surely 'source material' is related to the programmes which are broadcast whereas this forum is more about the hardware - in this case the TVDrive. Doesn't feel like a natural home for this IMO.

So are we bundled in with the Sky lot now..? The Sky lot post a lot more than us and its likely any Telewest related info will be quickly lost. Perhaps the forum could be subdivided in the same way the Xbox 360 forum is subdivided into Xbox Live and Xbox Games.

meltonboy

From my research it looks like the changes are:

High Definition TV -> High Definition TV Hardware
Telewest HD -> HDTV Sources
Sky HD -> Sky Hardware + Installations

I'm not sure what problem this was meant to solve ?

I followed all 3 and there was a small number of repeat posts, but not that many.

Does sources mean the channels and the TW box, but not the sky box ?

Sorry moderators, i'm not normally a whinger - this is genuine confusion on my part :confused:

M

mistycat

I think it is called pressure by HDTV providers due to the forums pointing out all the faults, some of which are not accurate (according to providers). When I spoke to TW a few weeks ago they weren't pleased by all the forums. They said the information is usually out of date etc. etc. etc.

Pressure to make the discussion not so obvious to casual visitors to the site would be logical from a PR perspective. As this is the site people point out to TW, I expected the outcome.

JUST AN IDEA!:devil:

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
And it seems this thread has been deleted!!!

I only got here from the link in the 'last post' area on the forum front page!

EDIT: Sorry, only moved... but still very bizarre, can we get any osrt of explanation from the powers that be..?

M

mistycat

Time for the powers to be to explain this! It is very strange, unless there is pressure being placed!:devil:

M

mistycat

This is funny. It doesn't even make sense where this thread has been moved to!

T0rNaDo

this is much better.

logged in and found it straight away...

ntl and telewest in 1 sub forum

and sky and sky hd it another..

good idea !

LFCRules

AVForums Admin have been going through a series of reorgs. Remember given the size of the forums, it isn't a quick job ;) All seems settled now in the Cable TV & Services, and Satellite TV forums. Each one has sub forums for the main suppliers of each. Hopefully everything is in it's place and easy to find :smashin:

Also see thread in the forums' feedback forum here for comment from Admin.

Cheers

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom