Telewest Digital to HDD?

dinoprada2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to connect my Telewest digi box to my PC and pause/record live TV via the PC?

dinoprada2003 said:
Is it possible to connect my Telewest digi box to my PC and pause/record live TV via the PC?

Yes it is, but I am unsure of the details as its soemthing that I am investigating. However as I understand for PVR functionality, you will require XP-MCE, including the remote and a video capture card if youwant the software to do it all for you...

Search through the last couple of day's threads, they may give you some back ground information.

Hope this helps

Adrian

Same here, I am using svideo from TW to a PVR card. I am thinking about the sweetspot as it allows RGB.

mikeyavman said:
Same here, I am using svideo from TW to a PVR card. I am thinking about the sweetspot as it allows RGB.

What cables are you using? Scart to S video and audio?

Just received my Black Gold card and it seems to S video in only.....

Adrian

sapper said:
Yes it is, but I am unsure of the details as its soemthing that I am investigating. However as I understand for PVR functionality, you will require XP-MCE, including the remote and a video capture card if youwant the software to do it all for you...

Search through the last couple of day's threads, they may give you some back ground information.

Hope this helps

Adrian

Sapper,

Thanks pal, I cant seem to find anything about a "xp-mce" is it a card or a piece of software?

Thanks.

Dino.

Ooops

XP-MCE is Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005. Its is basicallly XP-Professional but with some extras to allow the PC to become closer to a media box allowing music, photos TV technologies to merge together.

Its available from Ebuyer for ~£75.00

Adrian

sapper said:
Ooops

XP-MCE is Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005. Its is basicallly XP-Professional but with some extras to allow the PC to become closer to a media box allowing music, photos TV technologies to merge together.

Its available from Ebuyer for ~£75.00

Adrian

Wow thanks for the quick reply! :thumbsup:

I dont fancy using a new OS as iv'e just switched to XP-Pro.Would it not be possible to just buy a capture card and hook it up via my pc to my digi-box and do it that way?

In theory a simple capture card such as the Haupage 150 PVR is could record your cable signal.

However if youwant the PC to command your PACE box, then I do believe MCE is required...

However I am still learning this technology...

Adrian

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom