Telewest & Digital Audio

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by simondp, Oct 2, 2001.

1. simondp

simondp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'd be lucky! Telewest reserve advanced technology for their remote controls which ensure that you can't use a decent multi-remote...

Telewest broadcast 'pure stereo'. No plans for DD as far as I'm concerned. What I find a pain is the fact that they broadcast radio channels with supurb clarity but don't push that down the FM socket which you get as part of the install. Sirry irriots...

My contract is up anytime now so I'm considering changing to Sky +, assuming my job and the World continue to exist!

2. BigAl

BigAl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there are currently any Telewest digital boxes that can handle digital audio output or better still 5.1. I have read about SKY+ boxes offering this but am locked into a 12 month contract with Telewest.

I did try asking Telewest but gave up after 2 circular useless conversations with staff who obviously didn't understand the question.

Thanks<br />Alan

3. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    WHAT IS PURE STEREO,I CANT EVEN GET PROLOGIC FROM TELEWEST,BUT ANALOG AERIAL IS OK

4. Chippy99

Chippy99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +518
    I couldn't agree more, Simondp. My contract is up in December and I'm off.

A guy I met on the golf course who installs dishes etc said that Telewest were not really interested in TV - its the phone and the internet they make their money on. I can believe it.

For example, if their digital teletext has been "coming soon" for over a year now, then either they are incompetant, or they haven't been trying very hard, have they!

I'm off.

Chip.

5. vince_savage

vince_savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a former Telewest employee I know that apart from Front Row there is very little money made on the TV side of the business. The main profit areas are as stated the phone and internet....hence why they dont include internet calls on the free calls deals !!
    I now have Sky digi and BT but admit I do miss my cable modem. Oh, and it is "CD quality digital audio" and I did get pro-logic. ;)

6. vince_savage

vince_savage

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    almost forgot, the reason why Telewest dont give readio channels from the isolator is because each channel took up a 8mhz analogue RF channel. IN the UK we use ch 21 - 69 and for each old analogue 8mhz channel you can get upto 8 digital channels. What Im saying is that all the time the analogue system is running there is limited capacity for new digital channels.