Telewest digibox(es) ??

Brainboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I got the new Telewest Scientific Atlanta box a few weeks ago - EXPLORER 4000DVB. It's difficult for me to be sure - I changed my TV over Xmas and had a new set for 15 days (now been sent back with fault for refund) and I am looking much more carefully at the picture I am geting on my original old Sony 50Hz 4:3 set than I have for years!

I feel the new Telewest box is more digital looking and pixelated than it was with the PACE box.

The new box also shifts the picture 1-2 cm to the left (so I lose a slice) when I switch to RGB output - is this a fault with the box, can it be fixed, should I call Telewest??

I am also trying very hard to decide if 100Hz sets just show how crappy the Telewest signal is or if they really do over process and digitise PQ and smear backgrounds on fast moving objects.

Would be very interested to hear of others' opinions on both if the different Telewest boxes make a difference and the compatibility of Telewest with 100Hz sets for watching football etc???

Brainboy said:
The new box also shifts the picture 1-2 cm to the left (so I lose a slice) when I switch to RGB output - is this a fault with the box, can it be fixed, should I call Telewest??

That is a 'fault' of the older TV’s, newer sets are made to compensate for this so it no longer shows as the picture is correctly centred.

Brainboy said:
I am also trying very hard to decide if 100Hz sets just show how crappy the Telewest signal is or if they really do over process and digitise PQ and smear backgrounds on fast moving objects.

In my opinion 100Hz sets make digital pictures worst with the possible exception of DVD’s. If you must have a 100Hz try and get one where you can switch the processing on and off. Or at least view and try before buying.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom