1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest Digibox compatible All In One

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Pepperman, May 15, 2002.

1. Pepperman

Pepperman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey peeps. I have an all in one remote at the moment (E-Pilot) and does it's job except that it doesn't accept my Telewest digibox. I have been reading another thread regarding the Marantz RC1200 and noticed someone commenting on that remote not working with his Telewest Digibox, yet people with other makes of Digibox have no problems with it. I read that it may have something to do with the digibox using a higher frequency.

What I would like to know is, is there a way of getting it to work somehow, or is there any AIO remotes out there that definately work with the Telewest Digiboxes? Any replies will be appreciated.

2. tomson

tomson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +187
    It might have been me that said it doesn't work my Telewest digibox. I bought it after reading all the threads saying 'it even works my digibox' - but alas, it wasn't to be. I'm not too fussed about it to be honest - especially now the volume control works on the TW box after the software upgrade - and I still got a pretty good remote for only 30quid.

I would be interested to find out if you do come across a remote that does the job tho.

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Some of these digital cable boxes cannot be operated by any full LCD remote. From what I read at the very long thread which I have linked to below is that only the 4000 models can be operated unless you get a oneforall 6 (even with this remote problems exist with distance) which is a button only remote, the problematic cable boxes seem to be the 1000 & 2000 models manufactured by pace. The link below was provided by muscat in a differen't thread in which he helped me.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-pronto/thread.cgi?2970