1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest Con Merchants!!!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by stevie_vee, Aug 24, 2005.

1. stevie_vee

stevie_vee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i recently upgraded my analogue telewest tv service to their new digital service. I was filled with excitement and joy at being able to use the new digital television experience and one of the main reasons for upgrading was so i can watch football first and match choice where you push the red button and watch whatever game you want.

I T D O E S N ' T W O R K ! ! ! !

so i am now tied up in a new 1 year contract with a completely sh!tty service that is painfully slow and telewest dont have the rights to use interactive services on sky sports channels!!! arrrggghhhh!!! please anyone out there thinking of getting telewest - dont do it !!!!!! i have been told they are in talks with sky sports regarding this issue, and is should be sorted out soon. hahahahaha i was told the same thing about their upgrading from analogue to digital about 2 years ago and it only just happened!

i'm sure the programmes are very slightly out of sync as well! this is particularly annoying when watching music channels or football!

has anyone else had any of the above problems, or been fooled into thinking they can use interactive services on sky sports?? their argument was that i didnt ask if they offer this service. surely they should advise customers that it isnt available!!!!

from one depressed telewest customer not able to watch his beloved spurs games at all!!!

oh how i wish i had sky or sky +

2. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    You should be able to cancel sports after one month

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    If you were told it would do it you should be able to cancel at any time.

Try them under the sales of good act. If they are offering 'Sky Sport' with no disclaimer that the interactive services are not available then you bought in good faith and it does not do what it says on the tin.

PS I am not legal in any way, just had a few battles in the past.

4. stevie_vee

stevie_vee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well had a right go at telewest and they have agreed to let me have all the sky sports channels "free" until they have the interactive service up and running. so it seems they really are intending on getting it sorted soon!

i am quite happy with this as i now get to watch all the sky sports channels and have a credit on my monthly bill of £20 each month until they sort it!

ooops - already sent an email to watchdog though :) hehehehe

5. TrevP

TrevP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why are they Con merchants, did they sell the package to you telling you that ALL services would be available, I doubt it very much. I think they have been very generous to you.......Football First is a Sky interactive service and not a Telewest interactive service. If anyone signs up with a cable company for digital TV services, they should have the common sense in finding out exactly what is being offered.