1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest cable TV and LCD TV

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by dmsmart, Sep 4, 2005.

1. dmsmart

dmsmart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any particular [known] issues hat I need to be aware of/take into account when deciding on my choice of LCD TV to go with my Telewest cable TV set top box?

I keep on reading about this SKY HDTV thing (I think I understand it) - what are the plans [if any] for Telewest/NTL to go down this route?

What connections would I use to connect the cable box to the TV - scart I presume?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

2. Shin Gouki

Shin Gouki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RGB scart is the best connection. All you need to do is enable RGB scart in the settings menu.

3. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +262
  4. Phil from 62

Phil from 62
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Telewest with LCD and on the channels with a good signal the picture is excellent, poor signals are OK, but the quality of picture is down to the channel provider rather than Telewest.
    I'm extremely happy with the picture I get through my Telewest service, in fact I use it for my main viewing. Football via SKY Sports is excellent, BBC channels are excellent, Ch4 and ch5 are excellent as are many other channels.

I know Telewest are launching a TV on demand type Service in Essex which is rolling out over the next couple of months.

Look at the Telewest web site it keeps uptodat with what they are upto.

5. TarMoo

TarMoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Telewest is lauching a new service Teleport , which is video on demand service. I think it rolls out in my area in October.

The new HD Service will use a PVR box with HDMI output from Scientific Atlanta.