1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest boxes and sound output

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by DPN, Feb 23, 2003.

1. DPN

DPN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just managed to convince Telewest to supply me with a model 4000 box, as this is the only model (I am told) that works with the TiVo that I have coming.

The model 400 has no audio outputs though!! ARGH !!
    I am short on Scart sockets onthe tv anyway so the cable scart outs go to the tv and the video, the video scart out goes to the tv and the playstation has to go into the video and thro that to the tv. The DVD plugs direct to the TV and uses the last scart socket.

I can take the sound from the tv to the surround processor when I am watching cable, but it does not sound as good as the old cable box that I had - that one had audio phono's out that went direct to the processor.

Can anyone solve this dilemma???
    Thanks
    DPN

2. pat clancy

pat clancy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    hi,i have old telewest box,i,ve never been impressed with the sound through the phono,s,either on the radio or watching movies so i now get the audio from the scart output using a scart to phono audio out lead,i,m still not impressed,i,m watching the rugby now and the picture keeps going off,i may try freeview soon,imho i think analogue nicam is a lot better in terms of sound quality,pro logic is non existent when watching a movie on telewest cable,i have the audio from digibox connected to aegop5 processor,select prologic and nothing,rgrds pat

3. ditton15

ditton15
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I regret, I'm not impressed either, but I'm not sure that we can blame TeleWest for that. Just not Scotland's day ....

:(

4. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Isn't there a Scart lead that has phono outs on it as well as scart (so you can plug one to the TV and one to the processor) ??

Thought I had heard of something....