Telewest Areas?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by youcrazyboy, Mar 27, 2006.

1. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Can anyone tell me why telewest is not available in central London? Or if it ever will be? Anyone know where it is available? (other than 'west;) ) Wish against reason that some company would step up and make a serious challenge to Sky's monopoly in the non-terrestial market. I really think we the consumers would benefit. Telewest/ntl/homechoice really are not real competition. If I could get tv drive I would rather than sky hd...:lease:

2. shyewei

shyewei

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Where abouts are you? I live in Russell Square and am currently watching HD TV from my TVDrive, as supplied by Telewest??!!

3. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Telewest bought out Cable London some years ago, I thought they covered all of it...

4. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope not all of London is covered, there are some areas left which are too expensive to convert to digital so I guess they'll be left to last :(

5. Cyril

Cyril

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    NTL cover half of London, so those areas, including Baker street, won't get TV drive for a while.

Homechoice intend to move to HD when everyone gets the necessary broadband speed (16 to 24Mb?).

Homechoice is only up to 8Mb in some parts of London. So might be 2 or more years before Homechopice or BT offer HD.