1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telewest 100hz query

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by buzlightyear, Jun 11, 2004.

1. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Just had a friend at work who has just purchased a Tosh 36zp38, and has been having lots of picture pixelation on the set (as per lots of others) he had a telewest engineer round to put a new box in and the engineer said that Telewest dont send out a strong enough signal for 100hz, is this right or did his misses misunderstand what he was saying? or is the engineer blagging it.
    Any ideas anyone.

Thanks

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can he try it with the 100Hz switched off?

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It's not just Telewest the same sort of problem can affect SKY, NTL and DTT, less than perfect digital pictures are not the best source for 100Hz scanning televisions and those with a lot of digital video processing. As Fernsehman says turning off 100Hz and any extra digital processing may make an obvious difference to the picture quality.

Get your friend to watch a DVD, I suspect that image source will look great on his new telly which shows that the problem is with the cable source but there is little to be done unless both the original broadcasters and TW reduce the compression on the channels.

4. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    thanks guys, i guess filling up those 36" screens causes problems. I believe dvds are fine. Never had a problem with 28" 100Hz at the misses house on sky. You learn something everyday.