Televisions between £800-£1000

nl92

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could recommend some of the better options for TV's in the £700-1000 price range. I am buying this TV for my parents and ideally I would like a 75" but an absolute minimum of 65". Obviously I would like the best picture quality available for the price point but things like HDR and Dolby Vision will not really be properly appreciated by my parents so this is not too important. It's important that it has a relatively user friendly interface and good picture quality. My Dad watches a lot of sport so it would be good to have decent motion handling. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Cheers

vickster

Distinguished Member
Check the guide, it’ll be a low tier model if wanting large. Sony or Phillips better for motion but more expensive. Best value is Hisense but blur can be an issue
Stocks on better value 2020 TVs running low

nl92

Check the guide, it’ll be a low tier model if wanting large. Sony or Phillips better for motion but more expensive. Best value is Hisense but blur can be an issue
Stocks on better value 2020 TVs running low
Thanks - Ideally I think I'm looking for a 75" with decent picture quality and adequate motion handling. I wouldn't expect it to be perfect at this price point but as long as it wouldn't spoil their viewing. I liked the Hisense TV I used to own so I wouldn't be afraid to get one of those. I personally don't love Samsung but they seem to have the largest number of different models. I'll look through the guide though, thanks for your help.

Dodgexander

If your parents watch with the lights on usually, and also from a variety of angles you'll probably be best looking at a 75" LG rather than Hisense. UN7300 and up have the magic remote and a good smart OS. 75UN8500 comes with a 120hz panel for improved motion.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom