Television Village - reliable?

Go with your gut feeling, if it looks to good to be true etc.

Website registered earlier this month, no mention of them on a Google search and prices too good to be true. I'd leave well alone.

Yeah, I'd steer clear tbh. Shame, looked to have some good promotions on :(

tvvill.jpg

Unfortunately my dad purchased a TV from this "company" yesterday. They make you think they take more that one type of payment but none of them work except bank transfer. They have a nationwide building society bank account. We have made them aware it's a scam website. Everyone AVOID

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there's some way of getting the money back.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there's some way of getting the money back.
Fingers crossed. Currently nationwide are saying there is no way to recover the moneh even though he called them yesterday to stop the payment after he placed it, releasing his mistake. Considering he banks with the same bank as the fraudulent company you would of thought they could do more. He's been passed from pillar to post about trying to file a case. I thought banks were suppose to look out for us.

I was going to purchase the Sony A1 55" Oled TV from them for £1895.00. I only delayed purchase because I was unsure as to what TV bracket would be most suitable. I emailed the company and the response back was very prompt. Some body supposedly by the name of Alison Parker replied back. Fortunately for me 'she' didn't answer my question properly, I responded back stating this, 'she' replied back saying 'she' would look into it. Never heard anything again! The website is no longer there. I remember a company address apparently somewhere in Bristol. Their tel. no 0117 428 1021 still goes to an answerphone service. I'm sorry about the above comments, I have had a lucky escape...the moral backbone of some individuals is frighteningly appalling!!!

The site has been taken down.

Lucky my father had some good news. After Nationwide made such a mess of everything and they have refunded him the full amount along with some extra for compensation. He has made them aware that there is no warning on their internet banking advising of these kinds of scams. I still think that nationwide and other banks are letting us as customers down by not having the correct processes in place to eliminate this kind of activity, the account he transferred to was a nationwide account so he has asked them how the account was opened in the 1st place, so much for their "great" security. Need I say Nationwide didn't want to discuss it. It has been reported to the authorities but I doubt anything will come off it. It was a lucky escape but I am sure there will have been others who haven't been so lucky. Lesson learnt

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom