1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Television to amplifier quad phono connection

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by BertRacoon, Oct 25, 2004.

1. BertRacoon

BertRacoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I don't know whether anyone can help me with this, but I am shortly getting a Yamaha AX750SE amplifier and MS Genie speaker package and I would like to set my system up so that the DVD, analog and digital (Sky+) television, all comes out through the amp and speakers.

I have a 3 year old Hitachi widescreen TV which has a form of Dolby "Pretend" surround sound, which has a center speaker built in and tries to fool you into thinking the sound is all around you using only 2 speakers. I have read the instruction manual for the TV and you can turn off the internal speakers, but the only output from the TV is a "quad phono" one.

This is (obviously) 4 phono connections, 1 for "the surround amplifier and speakers", 1 for "the center amplifier and speaker" and 1 for the the left and 1 for the right amplifier and speakers.

My question is how do I connect this up to my amp? Do I connect them all or just the left and right? Or does it sound like this is going to be impossible?

Thanks in advance for your help.