Television is ill

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by griffgrouch, Jun 26, 2005.

1. griffgrouch

griffgrouch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

My TV started making a clicking sound and then the picture disappeared, all that's left is a horizontal coloured line on a black background., sound is still available. Is it dead?
    It's just a normal common all garden Goodmans TV.
    Is it worth getting it reapaired or is a trip down to the local electrical shop in order?

Cheers.

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, if you're saying that the sound is ok and that all you see on the screen is a horizontal line running across the centre of the screen then the tv set has 'suffered' from a failure of the vertical scan circuitry. Should be a simple and inexpensive fix from your local tv repair shop.

You do not say how old it is - therefore only you can decide whether it is worth spending money on or not. Regards, yt.

3. griffgrouch

griffgrouch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't remember exactly how old it is, but older than 5 years I think.
    If the repair was going to cost under £50 it may be worth it otherwise I think I'll get a new TV methinks. :)