1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Television and Screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by citrac, Mar 30, 2005.

1. citrac

citrac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got an easy answer to this. I want to have a "standard" tv possibly lcd or plasma but certainly smallish mounted on a stand such that when I want to watch my projector on the wall behind it the tv moves out of the way. The only think I can think of without moving it each time is an arrangement whereby the tv folds into a piece of furniture so that it lays flat inside the furniture and swings up to stand upright for viewing. Any ideas etc welcome.

Thanks

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,766
    I've seen an installation (in a demo) from one of those "custom AV furniture" firms where a flat-screen TV (think this one was a Plasma) was on a "lift" and it rose out of a nice wooden unit when in use, then sank/disappeared back inside through a slot in the top, when "off".

You might get more of an answer in the "Custom Installers" or "AV Stands....etc" forums.