Televes Dat75 for new Install

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by vroom23, Sep 13, 2007.

1. vroom23

vroom23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Finally decided on getting an Aerial installed on the roof, atm we have an old Aerial hanging in the loft.

I done a bit of looking around at forums and so on and the Televes Dat75 is highly recommended i also checked the freeview site and it recommended a amplified high gain Aerial for my area.

I have an Aerial installer coming round in a week or so and was wondering if i bought the Televes would i need to get anything else for him such as the
    Televes 5050 DAT Margin Rising Device/Televes Power Supply Unit?

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    You might as well fit the MRD yourself before he comes.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

3. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    I would avoid the DAT75 at all costs! It is an enormous construction. The mast will need to be very strong, 2" diameter, and may need guy wires to stabilise it. You would have to be on the very fringe of reception to require this aerial. For goodness sake don't attach it to a chimney without first having the strength of the chimney checked by a professional.

Some sites recommend "amplified high gain Aerial" for my location, too. It's utter rubbish. I use a very ordinary 12dB aerial.

Please divulge your postcode so we can assist you further.

4. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I agree, DAT 75 is very large, not much better than the DAT 45, and very difficult to align.

Go with the DAT45 just as good, 1/2 the size, easy to align.

5. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I fitted a MRD and measured the signal level before and after fitting and un-powered it produced a 8dBuV lower signal level than the Aerials supplied dipole. The MRD when un-powered is supposed to allow the signal to pass, in fact it lowered it.

Shouldn't Aerial installers supply the Aerial themselves? That is where they make most of their money. They should give advice on the Aerial and any necessary extras and supply and fit it.

If you get it yourself, checkout tvaerials and discount aerials (same company). discount aerials are on eBay as well.